British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Poole Vs Kings Lynn 30/08/17

"dizzy spells" and still riding??

Very very stupid boy,

• Like 1

Jack has concussion from his crash on Tuesday at Rye I would've thought, shouldn't be riding should he?

Edited by Trees

There was clearly something wrong with his performance tonight. It should have been relayed to the fans during the meeting. It looked like he wasn't trying at times.

It should certainly have been relayed to the doctor!!

• Like 1

For a Poole Pirates Fanatic,why aren't you there watching your team?

Cos he is Peterborough's very now troll, looks like he is moving onto Poole now.

Edited by baldyman

Anyone who is having dizzy spells should not be riding esp if they nearly took another rider out cos if it!

• Like 1

Good result for the pirates. but we still need points. Same again tomorrow please.

"dizzy spells" and still riding??

Well there may be good news on the horizon. I think it was in a rugby context but it appears some clever clogs has come up with a test based on saliva or urine that can determine if the player has suffered concussion. A clear diagnosis is obviously to be welcomed avoiding that "Should he be sidelined for 10 days vs should he ride with a possibly dangerous condition?".

This is serious.

The next bit isn't.

I assume the Aussies will opt for the saliva test since they don't like having the piss taken out of them.

I couldn't resist it :nono:

• Like 2

All very easy as expected tonight. Would have been an even bigger win but for the Poole riders to twice mess up advantages on bend three. In heat 1 Poole were comfortably leading when Holder and Kurtz got in each others way to allow a KL 4-2, and in heat 5 Kennett blocked Lahti to allow Jorgensen through. But really it was one way traffic, though Poole kept it interesting by continuously missing the gate.

For Poole.

Kurtz wasn't at his best but got better.

Holder was quite poor to be honest.

Kennett battled but had one very duff ride.

Andersen was excellent. Best this season.

Lahti paid 18. Superb and fast.

Shanes more than did his job. Good effort.

For Kings Lynn.

Lambert was very poor bar one ride.

Jorgensen was good early on but faded.

Toft won a race.

Jonasson battled

Auty was useless then won a heat!

Aarnio was out of his depth.

So three points to Pirates to open a 4 point gap over Rye House. 4th place is still Rye House to lose though. Poole have to win and take 4 points tomorrow at Kings Lynn and hope Rye slip. If both get the same Poole will need to win at Somerset. But even that might not be enough as I expect Rye House to get 6 points from the Swindon and Leicester home meetings. Two 4 point away wins is required, and not likely.

Next time dont bother to give a match report it is very poor, leave it to one of your more impartial supporters there are alot on here believe it or not.

Cos he is Peterborough's very now troll, looks like he is moving onto Poole now.

been here for a while now

Next time dont bother to give a match report it is very poor, leave it to one of your more impartial supporters there are alot on here believe it or not.

yes your right it was a good meeting last night not much passing though hans was superb and timo lahti big score from reserve which we have seen before with klindt this season and congrats to the kings lynn riders for there effort

Jack has concussion from his crash on Tuesday at Rye I would've thought, shouldn't be riding should he?

Anyone who is having dizzy spells should not be riding esp if they nearly took another rider out cos if it!

So riders won't ride on a dangerous track but are perfectly happy to ride on the same track when one of them is having dizzy spells.

Is it any wonder that fans have little sympathy when riders whinge.

• Like 2

yes your right it was a good meeting last night not much passing though hans was superb and timo lahti big score from reserve which we have seen before with klindt this season and congrats to the kings lynn riders for there effort

There must have been,Shovlar says in his report Poole kept it interesting by continually missing the gate.We all know how unbiased Shovlar is don't we ;).

On the J.Holder dizzy spells,Shovlar thinks it should have been relayed to the fans.How about it being relayed to the medics and referee first.They should have been made aware of this situation and then obviously he should have been pulled from the meeting.Not only would he be putting himself at risk but all the riders he rode against too.I mean he even admitted to nearly causing a crash with Kurtz because of that problem.

• Like 1

Impartial? Why on earth should I be impartial? I am not the Speedway star. I am a Poole fan with Poole bias!

If you don't like my meeting report don't bother reading it! Lol!

• Like 2

I don't know why this upsets you really.This has always been the case and always will be.Not everything will be reported on,it wasn't even when JC was in charge.But when you read what some people put on here you would think JC always covered everything.

Knopfler :wink:

Didn't think it looked right!
  • Like 1

Not much passing? You kidding?

Heat 1. Poole on a 5-1. Jorgensen passes both Poole riders off the 4th bend and Lambert comes past Holder.

Heat 2. Shanes cuts past Auty.

Heat 3. Auty gates. Kennet gets by on the 4th bend and Lahti passes up the inside of bends one and two next lap.

Heat 4. THJ gates. Hans charges under him bend three moving him right out to allow Lahti through.

Heat 5. Kennet and Lahti in second and third blocking t/r Jorgensen. Lap 2 bend three / four he passes both Poole riders on the inside.

Heat 6.THJ gates. Kurtz picks him off on lap 2 lap 4.

Heat 7. MPT gates. Hans moves him out and Lahti comes through.

Heat 8. Shanes in third. Tries to pass Auty on two ocassions before Jorgensen battles by Shanes at the start of lap 4.

Heat 9. From the gate.

Heat 10. From the gate.

Heat 11. From the gate.

Heat 12. From the gate.

Heat 13. From the gate.

Heat 14. Kennett past MPT lap one.

Heat 15. From the gate.

Lots of passing in this meeting, especially in the first half of the meeting before the track went slick and Kings Lynn finally gave up. A pretty good meeting considering the lack of strength of Kings Lynn.