British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington V Peterborough 02/09/17 7:00pm Champ

Trust me, I don't believe anything that anyone involved in speedway says, one of the many reasons I've stopped going. Although I don't want any club to close, ged should be thrown out of speedway for good.

Panthers fans will support Ged and stick by him regardless of what opposition fans think because we believe in him if the bspa decide to throw him out then Panthers will close for good and that will be another track closure.

• Like 1

Panthers fans will support Ged and stick by him him

I know you are the Panthers apologist, but You're kidding yourself if you believe that
  • Like 2

You can only beat what's in front of you but it was nice to see some confidence boosting scores tonight for a couple of our riders!! :t:

Quiet meeting really, not many good races to talk about but enough to keep you interested, Peterborough just too much under strength to be any realistic opposition, tried hard but outgunned where it mattered, hope for a better meeting next time around? ;)

Good solid performance from the team, looked sharp and quick all night, cant complain at a big score and 3pts, if only we could have done this earlier in the season? :oops:

It pretty much went wrong with 2 nl guests, and no heat leaders

the guest at no5 was a insult to all speedway fans

roynon was ok guest at no2

paul starke had probably the worst meeting ive ever seen him have

but hey panthers fans cant complain too much the guests they had scored points when workington book guests they just take there money and make fun out of the people good enough to book them

araon summers and mr worrall are 2 that come to mind

Panthers fans will support Ged and stick by him regardless of what opposition fans think because we believe in him if the bspa decide to throw him out then Panthers will close for good and that will be another track closure.

Panthers fans do not understand what Ged did or why he did it, many are bemused as to how he expects the paying public to continue to turn up and pay money to watch depleted teams in a competition in which he has gone on record as saying Panthers had no chance ( any chance there was has gone now anyway as a result of recent performances).

Most Panthers fans I have spoken to are bewildered ,angry and ashamed of what has gone on. If there is a good reason please lets hear it .

Edited by wealdstone
  • Like 3

the guest at no5 was a insult to all speedway fans

The insult is whatever is the actual story in this piece from our local rag:

"Cradley man Joe Lawlor stepped into that role at short notice after the rider actually booked by Panthers – Steve Boxall of Plymouth – failed to show up in Cumbria." - what's that all about :o

• Like 1

"Cradley man Joe Lawlor stepped into that role at short notice after the rider actually booked by Panthers – Steve Boxall of Plymouth – failed to show up in Cumbria." - what's that all about :o

Personally, I'd say the insult is that Panthers could have had a stronger line up but chose not to - with or without Boxall.

• Like 3

Personally, I'd say the insult is that Panthers could have had a stronger line up but chose not to - with or without Boxall.

Maybe but if riders are allegedly accepting bookings but not turning up through choice then we really are in the madhouse. That's witholding services.

• Like 1

but even steve boxhall was too weak a guest

Edited by scarra

Some good races despite the scoreline, this included Mat Williamsons excellent win over Ulrich Ostergaard which was worth the admission money alone!

Another was Thomas Jorgensens last to first surge past two Peterborough riders on the home straight with lighting speed.

Good to the see the crowd levels up slightly from the week before despite the weak oppostion from the Panthers team, Speedway really is in a mess with bad fixture planning, guests and riders riding on the continent in every thing form League speedway, u21s, Gp qualifiers, Longtrack and GP,s.

I am in two minds about one or two night Speedway in the UK , it might work for the Premier League but not for the Championship, but who knows what the future holds, I do know one thing though, Speedway needs a mighty shake up this close season not just the usual tinkering of the rules and the headlines from the BSPA that the new season will hail the dawn of a new era of Speedway. :neutral::nono:

• Like 2

Sheffield confirmed the difficulty in getting guests last night, they also used two juniors in their astonishing win at Glasgow.

• Like 1

Maybe but if riders are allegedly accepting bookings but not turning up through choice then we really are in the madhouse. That's witholding services.

Allegedly?

The reason given for not calling up Palmtoft was that Roynon and Boxall were travelling together !!!!!!!!

Even though Boxall was a substandard guest Palmtoft could still have made it, if Boxall failed to turn up anywhere it certainly wasn't Cumbria it was wherever he and Roynon were supposed to meet so there was still time for communication to take place and MPT get there! Allegedly of course.

Allegedly?

The reason given for not calling up Palmtoft was that Roynon and Boxall were travelling together !!!!!!!!

Even though Boxall was a substandard guest Palmtoft could still have made it, if Boxall failed to turn up anywhere it certainly wasn't Cumbria it was wherever he and Roynon were supposed to meet so there was still time for communication to take place and MPT get there! Allegedly of course.

Unless it's me doing the work then it's virtually always hearsay so allegedly is usually accurate.

So what action will the bspa take for the non appearance of Boxall , the same as they did with the Barker non appearance and yet Ged has been suspended for allowing Holder to miss meetings to ride in Poland , which smacks of double standards being applied . Now i'm not suggesting he should get away with it he was wrong to do what he did but the bspa should at least bring riders who let down sides by nonappearance to book they are as equally as guilty and bring the sport into ill repute . Buster Chapman didn't waste any time in sorting out Chris Holder but waves a blind eye to others because it doesn't suit his cause .