British Speedway Forum
Theboss

In My View By Phil Rising

and the lucky ones will be choosing Poland when they enforce their one team policy next year, british teams are not loyal cause they can just go and use some other teams riders and that is ridiculous , take away doubling up and teams will be more loyal cause they have to be ,british speedway has created this problem ,it is our own doing and now we are being punished for it and riders are quite frankly loosing the point of team speedway because they are just chasing the £, they are pretty much individuals now like in motox or other motorsports who the team sport doesn't exsist and they are just using the teams to meet their ends and there in a nutshell is why team speedway in Britain is dying , we should just forget teams and make speedway an individual sport where riders just ride for prize money like it is in the USA

Poland are relaxing their Poland +1 next year too according to Buster.

lets hope so

it makes the sport look a joke and the whole point of teams to follow is too have teams to follow with your riders not just mercenarys who turn up ride and dont care a hoot about the team or the town or the supporters ,I remember CVS saying after they lost in a playoff semi final he walked through the pits after the meeting and the riders just didnt look like they cared and were not hurt like he was, well thats because they were not cause they were all off to their other teams later that week , doubling up is a joke and needs to be stopped now

That's modern day Speedway.

Restricted to 1 team only or doubling up in British Speedway won't make one bit of difference.

The mentality (I prefer virus) in Speedway today is money driven by the majority.

No more do the younger riders coming through race for the buzz but for the cash.

All these riders coming from Motorcross are only making this switch because it's easier to earn a living.

At the same time, if we restrict to 1 team in the UK then the talented riders will quit as they can't make a living.

Where do we go then? Close clubs down or use doubling up?

Even now there isn't the rider numbers to run Championship or Premiership teams without doubling up.

• Like 1

That's modern day Speedway.

Restricted to 1 team only or doubling up in British Speedway won't make one bit of difference.

The mentality (I prefer virus) in Speedway today is money driven by the majority.

No more do the younger riders coming through race for the buzz but for the cash.

All these riders coming from Motorcross are only making this switch because it's easier to earn a living.

At the same time, if we restrict to 1 team in the UK then the talented riders will quit as they can't make a living.

Where do we go then? Close clubs down or use doubling up?

Even now there isn't the rider numbers to run Championship or Premiership teams without doubling up.

yes there is enough riders , it has been proven many times , when will people understand this message , British speedway is dying , fans are not attending anymore so whatever we are doing now has got to change , points limits , doubling up, prices , its got to change
  • Like 2

If the SCBPL goes Monday - Thursday and all others any other night, what exactly is the problem with doubling up.

To me there is no issue to be had.

All everyone has said is they don't like it without giving any real reason.

Just "I don't like it" isn't an argument if there's no clash of fixtures in 2018

If the rumours of a 12 team top league are true then IMO there will have to be a significant reduction in doubling up.

The second tier will have to become a hybrid Champ/NL strength which just would not be credible to combine 3/4 riders of the standard of this years Champs No7 and below and riders such as Cook Harris Masters King Holder etc

Id say no rider over 7 by this years Champ figures should be allowed in a 2nd tier like that.

Seems reasonable if the UK are moving to Monday and Thursday fixed race nights. After all, this was a proposal made by the Polish authorities.
  • Like 1

They won`t relax the +2 though and the prioritization - no chance.

Edited by racers and royals

If the rumours of a 12 team top league are true then IMO there will have to be a significant reduction in doubling up.

The second tier will have to become a hybrid Champ/NL strength which just would not be credible to combine 3/4 riders of the standard of this years Champs No7 and below and riders such as Cook Harris Masters King Holder etc

Id say no rider over 7 by this years Champ figures should be allowed in a 2nd tier like that.

Top league looking after themselves again,can see a couple of Championship clubs folding unless the riders see sense and ride foe realistic money.Fan base is not going to increase.Most Clubs are borderline on being viable just now.

I just saw that they are showing the relegation playoff next week on BT , I think I will watch it on polish tv as its going to be cringeworthy when Kelvin and Nigel have to explain that some of the riders will be riding against their own teams and possibly relegating them , at least on polish I dont understand what they are saying

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

WORSE still will be if Leicester and Sheffield don't actually want to swap places.

well it is the same owners after all

There may have been a lot more money "in the system" if 40% of the Sky money over the many years of their lucrative sponsorship, had gone into the sport instead of into Terry Russell's back pocket to pay his mortgage off. Classic example of someone becoming "all right jack" whilst the the sport that they were supposed to be serving floundered.

You really should be very very careful what you print uk martin Terry as the best barristers in the country, and unless you can provide this statement you could find your self in big trouble

• Like 1

Surely there is some kind of EU law that prevents the Polish league putting restrictions on riders and where they can earn their money?

WORSE still will be if Leicester and Sheffield don't actually want to swap places.

I think you have got one little word too many in that post.......'if'. :lol: I reckon Leicester want to drop down but doubt if the Tigers want to go up so the matches should be very interesting, once they sort out exactly who is riding for who. :P

Seems reasonable if the UK are moving to Monday and Thursday fixed race nights. After all, this was a proposal made by the Polish authorities.

It's a case of doing what Poland want and hope all will work out. Watch Poland add Fridays and possibly Wednesdays to their racing calendar once we implement this.

I think you have got one little word too many in that post.......'if'. :lol: I reckon Leicester want to drop down but doubt if the Tigers want to go up so the matches should be very interesting, once they sort out exactly who is riding for who. :P

Easy. You have the riders ride for the team you want to run in the Premiership next year ;)

You really should be very very careful what you print uk martin Terry as the best barristers in the country, and unless you can provide this statement you could find your self in big trouble

Might be useful if someone forwards this to Go Speed.

Edited by Rob McCaffery