British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ace no.5

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Nss, 27/9/17... Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg.

If it's off tonight will BT be invited to film the coin toss for the place in the final? ;-)

• Like 1

If it's off tonight will BT be invited to film the coin toss for the place in the final? ;-)

And in keeping with British Speedway the coin will be a 'double header'...

I'll get me coat...😁

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 4

As you say Poole WERE in the play offs. At the time of this fixture they are not in.

How are we supppsed to know what they mean? If they wanted it to mean any team who had qualified for the play offs that was easy enough to specify - but they didn't. So it is just guesswork to say what the intention was.

It could be argued the intention was simply to stop a rider from influencing who his side would meet in the final? In which case SCBs interpretation, based on meaning in everyday use, is consistent with the intent.

I reckon the rule was written exactly as they wanted it to be. Like you say, it wouldn't be hard to specify exactly what was required, but as with many rules, it is written to be interpretated in many ways, as the BSPA / MC decide to apply it.... It depends whose asking !!! :nono:

Unfortunately I don't think Belle Vue will come back from the first leg regardless of Thorsells injury, which I believe means Swindon will win by a country mile in the final, regardless of who they are against.

Swindon will have to ride a lot better than they did monday to win. Personally i still think Wolves will win.

Rain will have cleared by 11.00, will be a nice sunny afternoon into the evening.

If travelling up give yourself extra time as the M6 is a nightmare on a Friday. Id personally come off at J15 Stoke and come up the A34.

Swindon will have to ride a lot better than they did monday to win. Personally i still think Wolves will win.

It depends on who wants it the most and able raise their game. Will it be Wolves or BV joining Swindon in the final? It's a hard one to call - 13 points should be doable to overturn and, if the weather is kind, it should be a belter. I would still like to see BV in the final but wouldnt be too sad to see Wolves go through.

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

As Beowulf said. ...... stats say different.

We haven't beaten you over 2 legs yet this season.

You know the Aces are favourites.

Nonsense you have 13 points to play with, wolves should do it without doubt. Past results mean nothing as they weren't 2 legs. Fricke out weakens us more than JT out weakens you. Wolves to lose we all know that.

JT is a big loss over 2 legs, especially at monmore. If a full strength Swindon should beat them.

Nonsense you have 13 points to play with, wolves should do it without doubt. Past results mean nothing as they weren't 2 legs. Fricke out weakens us more than JT out weakens you. Wolves to lose we all know that.

JT is a big loss over 2 legs, especially at monmore. If a full strength Swindon should beat them.

No TR rides, remember. As for Thorssell isn't he the rider that just failed to beat Fricke to 3rd in the Premier riders final ?

Complete nonsense. Jacob is even more vital to us at the NSS whereas others ride the NSS well to replace Max.

Past results were home and away so of course they mean something.

Both times you have won on aggregate in the A and B fixtures.

I'd love wolves to hang on to the 13 point lead but the Aces remain favourites to win on aggregate again.

Swindon aren't at full strength. Zach Watsname is out.

Would rather meet BV in the final so hope they win tonight and win the sf.

• Like 1

No TR rides, remember. As for Thorssell isn't he the rider that just failed to beat Fricke to 3rd in the Premier riders final ?

No Fricke finished 2nd lol

Complete nonsense. Jacob is even more vital to us at the NSS whereas others ride the NSS well to replace Max.

Past results were home and away so of course they mean something.

Both times you have won on aggregate in the A and B fixtures.

I'd love wolves to hang on to the 13 point lead but the Aces remain favourites to win on aggregate again.

All your riders can cover JT, we need to cover 1 of max rides with a reserve. We will miss max more than you miss JT. Also you have 13 big points in the bag so of course your favourites it's not even close. League results are not run on aggregate so can't be compared, having a 13 point lead during the meeting will push wolves along which you don't have in a league match.

• Like 1

Won't need a coin toss. If it is rained off and it is decided they can't re-arrange it Wolves go through.

Swindon aren't at full strength. Zach Watsname is out.

Yes but that's nothing compared to wolves missing JT over 2 legs