British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Reassessed Averages

Almost right, Piort Pawlicki had also been in contact with Wolverhampton about a return too.

It's stated on another thread that CVS stated that Matt Ford was the driving force behind the 9pt rule.

That so-called statement was incorrect as confirmed by SteveBrum who was at the fans forum. Matt Ford's name was NOT mentioned in any way in the context of 9 point GP riders.

Any team signing Chris Holder should be in the play off final without a doubt.

Lets be honest that my team Swindon gained from getting Tobias on his previous average rather than the 1.4 if he started the season.

There shouldnt be any questions of averages as shouldve been sorted out at the AGM.

• Like 2

Didnt Holder only complete 9

league meetings for the stars, out of 28?

If he aint reassessed then its bent.

Going off previous, he wont be reassessed.

If a sport is bent, why bother?

He rode 14 meetings according to the BSPA site and has an official average just as Max Fricke does who only rode 19 meetings.

• Like 1

Of course there is also every chance that Holder will be as sh¡te as he was last season once again.

• Like 1

Nobody was more disappointed than I last year with the form of Chris Holder. I had always held him in such high esteem, and thought he was an adequate replacement for Niels, How wrong we were. he portrayed all the attributes of somebody not so genuine as we had always imagined..

Yes, we suffered from his signing, but him to have a GSA of 7 something says more about him than anything else. No I don't think his average should be re-assessed, but given the chance to have him in our team again, would get a big NO. from me, even if he was re-assessed to 5...

Anybody who signs him are welcome. As far as I'm concerned he burnt all his bridges here........ .

• Like 2

Any team signing Chris Holder should be in the play off final without a doubt.

Lets be honest that my team Swindon gained from getting Tobias on his previous average rather than the 1.4 if he started the season.

There shouldnt be any questions of averages as shouldve been sorted out at the AGM.

Absolutely but who decides on the averages ?

The promoters I guess so vested interest comes into play.

Such a sad state of things and why cant they just use a grade system based on historical scoring in the UK.

New to UK or returning riders graded on their experience etc etc.

Grade every rider currently getting his leg over around the world and then use it to build teams in each league here and in Europe.

In these days of algorithms it cant be that difficult!

Edited by GWC
  • Like 1

He rode 14 meetings according to the BSPA site and has an official average just as Max Fricke does who only rode 19 meetings.

He completed 11. More than 9 but still not many out of 28!

Shame rolling averages ended but Im sure they served their purpose (for some) when they were in place.

He completed 11. More than 9 but still not many out of 28!

Shame rolling averages ended but Im sure they served their purpose (for some) when they were in place.

More than enough meetings to obtain a reliable average, i doubt it would have changed much if he had done 28 meetings, he was terrible all season.

I don't know why anyone is being reassessed. Woffinden shouldn't Pawlicki shouldn't Zagar shouldn't and neither should Woryna.

Its a different set up over here and they achieved those averages. The whole thing is silly tbh

it's fair, of course it's fair. Everyone knows Woffy is way better than 7.03. Ditto all the 7+ GP standard riders. Ditto riders like Woryna who have improved massively since he was last here.

All those riders earned their averages only riding against other heat leaders so of course they are falsely low.

I'm delighted we are doing more to give riders realistic averages so no one can be accused of 'being a ringer' as accused clubs like Poole and Wolves have faced in recent seasons. More than fair to me even tho it means Wolves will miss out on Piotr coming back. Fairness for all is all I care about.

Was this made public prior to the rewrite via social media or in the press?

I've already answered this when questioned by Hydred. The comment was made by CVS at the talk in. There is no mention of it anywhere else to my knowledge.

• Like 1

That so-called statement was incorrect as confirmed by SteveBrum who was at the fans forum. Matt Ford's name was NOT mentioned in any way in the context of 9 point GP riders.

Was it?

Two people attended, one said CVS mentioned Ford, the other said he didn't.

Was it?

Two people attended, one said CVS mentioned Ford, the other said he didn't.

Maybe Matt Ford was mentioned but not in connection to the 9 point rule or if they did say it was in connection with the 9 point rule then one of them is lying or imagining it. Edited by foreverblue

In these days of algorithms it cant be that difficult!

Actually, it is very difficult.

For example Jason Doyle's UK average is 17% higher than his Poland average, which you would expect as Poland is a stronger league. Freddie Lindgren's UK average is 23% higher than his Poland average.

However, Chris Holder and Max Fricke's Poland averages are very similar to their UK averages, Holder's being within 1% and Fricke's 6%.

Therefore any calculations would have winners and losers and the smart teams will always be looking to sign the anomalies.

. Fairness for all is all I care about.

Be honest, was these words on your mind in 2016.

It was stated several times on other threads by Stevebrum that cvs said absolutely nothing of the sort. So why are you repeating this fake news Bwitcher?

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Anybody suggesting Holder should be re-assessed needs a brain check. He rode here the same as everybody else last season, so there is no doubt he should be on whatever figure he achieved regardless of if he can or can't up that figure. He's there for the taking just like anybody else is. Frankly I wouldn't go near him if I was a promoter as I wouldn't want him in my team and think he's a spent force and at best will only maintain his average instead of increasing it massively.

• Like 3