British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Kings Lynn. Prem B. 1st August 2018

I think it says it all that only one person is being negative about it.

It's all about the context IMO, Robert has probably ridden in more meetings than anyone else in world speedway this year with four leagues, GP qualifying, world U21 rounds, Euro Champs and individual meetings including Cardiff. If this test match had been in the calendar from day one he'd have ridden but for the sake of the rest of his season he obviously needs the break.

Things aren't always black and white.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

That’s P poor.

49 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

One would have thought the opportunity to represent your country in an international test match outweighed any short holiday. The first thing I would have done is cancel the break and look forward to being in TeamGB.

Guess being patriotic isn’t what it once was.

Shock horror only 1 person believes it is poor that Robert wont be there........

See your posts...............thats trolling..........at last you understand the definition.............posting to gain a reaction.....well done you

29 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Shock horror only 1 person believes it is poor that Robert wont be there........

See your posts...............thats trolling..........at last you understand the definition.............posting to gain a reaction.....well done you

What on earth are you on about? I think you have completely lost all reason. Completely lost it.

It’s an opinion. Lambert should be proud to represent his country. Thousands of sportsmen and women would do anything to represent their country in their chosen sport. Yet young Lambert is too tired? Do me a favour!

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

What on earth are you on about? I think you have completely lost all reason. Completely lost it.

It’s an opinion. Lambert should be proud to represent his country. Thousands of sportsmen and women would do anything to represent their country in their chosen sport. Yet young Lambert is too tired? Do me a favour!

Maybe he's popping over to Germany to see his girlfriend, so he could possibly come back even more tired than when he left  :o

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Gav you've been back 5 minutes and your having a go at People already. Stop it mate otherwise you will go again.

Just now, Starman2006 said:

Gav you've been back 5 minutes and your having a go at People already. Stop it mate otherwise you will go again.

Excuse the correction but Gavan quite clearly said 1 person not Poole speedway.

unless of course you think Steve .Shovlar IS Poole speedway:o

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, tellboy said:

It 's amazing how some people get the wrong story and have to post it on here(Skidder 1:nono:).I heard a couple of weeks ago about the situation.He'd booked a holiday as you say it was a rare 5-6 days off for the lad.Then they arrange a test match pretty much at the last minute and expect Lambert to ride in it.

What was wrong about my post? Lambert has asked to be excused from the test match because he needs a break (he's fatigued!!) - his words not mine! The fact that he'd booked a short break is largely irrelevant which is why i didn't mention it.

I don't blame him for wanting to take a break. The point of my post on this particular meeting thread was whether his fatigue plus his Swedish commitment this evening plusgoing to number 1 would have any effect on his performance?!  We shall soon see tomorrow.

20 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Yes, Starman will make it happen! You have been warned Gavan :rofl:B)

20 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Excuse the correction but Gavan quite clearly said 1 person not Poole speedway.

unless of course you think Steve .Shovlar IS Poole speedway:o

Starman put people not Poole! 

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Yes, Starman will make it happen! You have been warned Gavan :rofl:B)

I never said that. The mods are quite capable of reading for themselves Lisa.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Of course he is proud to represent his country.But having to do things last minute is ridiculous.The people at fault here are the BSPA for organising a test match at such short notice.

Could you imagine any other sports bodies organising a friendly etc 3-weeks before it actually takes place and expecting all there players to take part. 

Can you imagine Southgate telling Kane you have to cancel your Maldives holiday we have an important friendly against Azerbaijan in 3 weeks.

1 minute ago, Starman2006 said:

I never said that. The mods are quite capable of reading for themselves Lisa.

Oh Starman, let me have my fun! :D:party:

13 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Starman put people not Poole! 

Oops that will teach me  not to speed read:unsure:

Edited by Star Lady
Spelling

6 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Oops that will teach me  not to speed read:unsure:

Easily done! I did re-read it a few times to make sure as it is something I am guilty of doing in the past too! :)

Its not that unusual for riders to book short breaks like this - who can blame them its a tough regime for the top boys.

Its rarely happens that late changes like this cause problems

• Like 1