British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Kings Lynn v Poole Wednesday August 29th

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

First opportunity to come on here after last night's thumping. Well done to the Stars who will now finish top; Somerset 2nd; Poole 3rd and BV 4th imo.

Just picking up on averages and the suggestion that there may be some manipulation going on......... whilst next season's averages will surely be in the minds of some, ,lets not forget that from October 1st another revised set of averages come into being.

Bearing in mind October 1st is the date of the play-off semi final second legs, with the final scheduled for 8th and 10th October, there could still be changes in some teams' riding order?! For example for Poole this could see Chris Harris at 1 and Brady Kurtz at 3, 4 or 5 which may well be a considerable advantage compared to the current line-up?

So why would Brady want to win heat 13? He could have had an unfortunate engine failure.

12 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

First opportunity to come on here after last night's thumping. Well done to the Stars who will now finish top; Somerset 2nd; Poole 3rd and BV 4th imo.

Just picking up on averages and the suggestion that there may be some manipulation going on......... whilst next season's averages will surely be in the minds of some, ,lets not forget that from October 1st another revised set of averages come into being.

Bearing in mind October 1st is the date of the play-off semi final second legs, with the final scheduled for 8th and 10th October, there could still be changes in some teams' riding order?! For example for Poole this could see Chris Harris at 1 and Brady Kurtz at 3, 4 or 5 which may well be a considerable advantage compared to the current line-up?

Based on the current updated GSA's after last nights match (see Poole website Pirates stats), I can't see the last match changing anything. For example Worrall too far behind Woryna so will probably stay at reserve in Sept/Oct. Harris/Kurtz only 0.10 in it but remember it is on a 20 match rolling av on GSA's so would have to  see a big shift to put Harris at No  1 in last match imo.

However find it interesting that imo the only 3 riders guaranteed for 2019 are starting to have interestingly low av for team building  2019. Kurtz on 6.80 - Woryna on 6.37 and Jakobsen sitting nicely on 4.96 after his 4 zero's last night. Gives Matt Ford option to get a TRUE heatleader and probably also get Holder Jr back for 2019 as he is Poole's asset and sitting on 7.23 after last night.

Of course much  depends on what the League set up will be for 2019 as well as team building points limit and will there be a one over 8 rule again. Even so the 4 named is a decent base as I can't believe the first 3 named (Kur/Wory/Jak) will be as low as they a re currently in 2019.

22 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

No it wasn't. The referee at the time prevented us from using an higher averaged rider than R/R either though we were behind by more than 6 & wanted to use a tac sub. I think it was Batch for an tac sub ride.

This shows Tac Sub being used for R/R

Screenshot_20180830-111523_Edge.jpg

Just now, Daniel Smith said:

This shows Tac Sub being used for R/R

Screenshot_20180830-111523_Edge.jpg

It's pretty clear that you can, but Swindon were prevented from doing it. Rosco was not impressed.

5 minutes ago, Grachan said:

It's pretty clear that you can, but Swindon were prevented from doing it. Rosco was not impressed.

Must be one of the few rules he knows- certainly wasn’t too knowledgeable about  the 3 ride minimum rule (Musielak) i seem to remember lol

Edited by racers and royals

3 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Must be one of the few rules he knows- certainly wasn’t too knowledgeable about  the 3 ride minimum rule (Musielak) i seem to remember lol

Meowwww :)

Not sure of the moment you are referring to, but if that happened I'm sure he knew the rule but kind of lost track of himself a bit.

Edited by Grachan

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No. It won’t. It will be less than recent weeks due to the holidays being over but far from the smallest attendance.

Why on earth are you so negative all the time? Very strange.

I can't believe it will be a lower crowd than when we were bottom.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Thank you Skidder,think you are the first Poole fan to come on here and actually say a well done to the Stars.The others can't seem to give any credit to Lynn,it just all seems down to the Poole riders why we won last night.According to most Poole fans anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Why the question mark when you haven't asked a question!

Cos he's being condescending...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Thank you Skidder,think you are the first Poole fan to come on here and actually say a well done to the Stars.The others can't seem to give any credit to Lynn,it just all seems down to the Poole riders why we won last night.According to most Poole fans anyway.

Not true, I never said Poole would have won (I assume I am one of the people you are referring to) but it would have been a lot closer if Poole riders tried a bit more. Prob 10-12 point loss. It was a massive contrast to what happened in the A meeting, looks a bit fishy to me.

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Not true, I never said Poole would have won (I assume I am one of the people you are referring to) but it would have been a lot closer if Poole riders tried a bit more. Prob 10-12 point loss. It was a massive contrast to what happened in the A meeting, looks a bit fishy to me.

Yep and so late in the season with this meeting not changing anything, I reckon its av adjusting for next season ;-)

Would you agree that if you could freeze the current av now (see my post earlier), then to get Kurt/Wory/Jak on those av would in my opinion be a steal for 2019 as gives Matt Ford plenty to plan around. Add Holder jr also who is improving as I thought he would. That would be 4 riders sorted whatever changes at the BSPA AGM and also whatever the league set us is.

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Well if they didn't try as you keep referring to,maybe the riders should club together and pay some of the fans that made the long journey a bit of compensation for their wasted journey.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Well if they didn't try as you keep referring to,maybe the riders should club together and pay some of the fans that made the long journey a bit of compensation for their wasted journey.

Or the management...

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Yep and so late in the season with this meeting not changing anything, I reckon its av adjusting for next season ;-)

Would you agree that if you could freeze the current av now (see my post earlier), then to get Kurt/Wory/Jak on those av would in my opinion be a steal for 2019 as gives Matt Ford plenty to plan around. Add Holder jr also who is improving as I thought he would. That would be 4 riders sorted whatever changes at the BSPA AGM and also whatever the league set us is.

I'll get back to you when I've found your other post :) 

Edit - I know Brady will stay but apparently I'm not a proper Poole fan if I criticise him, so can he not go to Swindon or something and then I can be a proper Poole fan again :D 

Edited by lisa-colette