British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Kings Lynn v Poole Playoff Final 2nd leg 10/10/18

For your info Gavan I didn't say that the ref made the right decision. I said from the back and side angle it looked 50/50 and the front angle looked like there was contact. 

• Like 1

The guest rider rule wasn't amended, they just ignored it for one meeting only.

The front angle didn't look like there was contact, it showed that there clearly was contact.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

The front angle didn't look like there was contact, it showed that there clearly was contact.

Okay, so there was contact. It's a shame you don't get to hear the ref's reasoning for making that decision. Maybe he thought MPT could have stayed on? :unsure:

It would be interesting to hear his reason but the vast majority of those who have expressed an opinion think it clear cut that Jacobsen was at fault.

We are told that these things even out over a season, maybe they do but it is always unfortunate when they happen in such important meetings. Particularly so when TV evidence clearly shows what happened.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2018 at 9:49 AM, Gavan said:

2018........the season that speedway league racing died in the UK

Indeed, that is sadly the case.

Should have been r/r for both teams then there would not have been a problem 

• Like 1

So Gavan, now you are back from another deserved ban, are you going to congratulate Poole for another backs to the wall remarkable championship? 8 in 16 years. How good is that? 

Await you sending your congratulations.:cheers:

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So Gavan, now you are back from another deserved ban, are you going to congratulate Poole for another backs to the wall remarkable championship? 8 in 16 years. How good is that? 

Await you sending your congratulations.:cheers:

Image result for don't hold your breath

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Aces51 said:

Luck and injuries aside, it's speedway and things like that happen I guess.

It's the Morris bit that gets me. A rule that's probably been in place and followed for I don't know 10 or 20 years maybe can be ignored once for 1 team in the most important meeting of the year is just wrong.. and should not of been allowed to happen...

Lynn v Poole...The Pirates have 1 rider out and are allowed Morris 6.91 for Kurtz 6.75.

Lynn v Somerset cup final....Rebels have 4 riders out . They use C. Wright for BWD at home, but can't use him in the 2nd leg because he don't fit.. BWD 5.22 and Wright 5.27..

I know 2 wrongs don't make a right, but what a shower of rubbish the powers that be are..

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

It's the Morris bit that gets me. A rule that's probably been in place and followed for I don't know 10 or 20 years maybe can be ignored once for 1 team in the most important meeting of the year is just wrong.. and should not of been allowed to happen...

Lynn v Poole...The Pirates have 1 rider out and are allowed Morris 6.91 for Kurtz 6.75.

Lynn v Somerset cup final....Rebels have 4 riders out . They use C. Wright for BWD at home, but can't use him in the 2nd leg because he don't fit.. BWD 5.22 and Wright 5.27..

I know 2 wrongs don't make a right, but what a shower of rubbish the powers that be are..

As it appears some can still not let this go, lets not forget that it was Kings Lynn that proposed the line-ups for the final (as confirmed by Dale Allitt) and the BSPA Chairman would  also have known that Morris' final season average was actually below that of Kurtz, even though it wasn't yet publicised on the SGB website.;)

12 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

No i agree it shouldn't have been allowed but it was KL who instigated it but Poole shouldn't have agreed to it, it is our fault to getting sucked in by Buster Chapman who desperately wanted Ellis for both legs when Poole had already booked him for the second leg. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

As it appears some can still not let this go, lets not forget that it was Kings Lynn that proposed the line-ups for the final (as confirmed by Dale Allitt) and the BSPA Chairman would  also have known that Morris' final season average was actually below that of Kurtz, even though it wasn't yet publicised on the SGB website.;)

Don't matter who proposed it, it shouldn't of been allowed to happen is my gripe. Not Lynn or Poole's fault it was allowed..

I believe Morris had an average of 6.91 at the time of the meeting. His average was due to drop below 6.75 after the season had finished. The season hadn't finished ;) 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

No i agree it shouldn't have been allowed but it was KL who instigated it but Poole shouldn't have agreed to it, it is our fault to getting sucked in by Buster Chapman who desperately wanted Ellis for both legs when Poole had already booked him for the second leg. 

I don't blame Lynn or Poole. It's the people that run the sport that allowed it to happen :t:

4 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Don't matter who proposed it, it shouldn't of been allowed to happen is my gripe. Not Lynn or Poole's fault it was allowed..

I believe Morris had an average of 6.91 at the time of the meeting. His average was due to drop below 6.75 after the season had finished. The season hadn't finished ;) 

The rolling averages would have been used (Morris 6.74) for October 8th/10th fixtures as there were no fixtures from November!