British Speedway Forum

I am afraid the Cinderella, fly by night, seat of the pants nature of speedway and its clubs is being exposed ruthlessly. Stock car racing appears scarcely more credible. Back of a fag packet 'calculations' and estimates, along with blind faith and non-existent strategy, don't show either sport in a good light.

Edited by Piotr Pyszny
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Distribution of TV Monies, Crowd levels, Investment in Grass roots just a few items that have never been addressed nor made public by Speedway authorities, and this will go against this appeal, which I can see the inspector allowing.

19 minutes ago, Piotr Pyszny said:

I am afraid the Cinderella, fly by night, seat of the pants nature of speedway and its clubs is being exposed ruthlessly. Stock car racing appears scarcely more credible. Back of a fag packet 'calculations' and estimates, along with blind faith and non-existent strategy, don't show either sport in a good light.

Sadly you are correct if I knew nothing about speedway or stock cars I’d listen to the views put forward and I’d think are these people for real- sadly the argument in favour of speedway and stock cars the people doing it are vastly under prepared they need figures on costs and most importantly attendance numbers - I will be amazed if this goes in favour of Brandon Stadium if there was ever a need for a rabbit out of the hat moment it’s needed pretty dam fast 

Edited by Haza
  • Like 2

same here... more BE skulduggery!

1 minute ago, iainb said:

same here... more BE skulduggery!

It appears to have started again but on tomorrow's stream

Edited by mel
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mel said:

It appears to have started again but on tomorrow's stream

Back on today's now!

• Like 1

An elected chamber refused it, so now an unelected official might allow it. We wonder why people don't bother to vote in elections.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kitten2502 said:

Have I missed Matt Ford or any mention of?

No he's waiting in the wings

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dornier said:

No he's waiting in the wings

When Ford's time nears, will a two-minute klaxon sound? 

Be nice to get Ford to the tapes. We've got rather bogged down in planning minutiae and housing provision detail.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Piotr Pyszny said:

When Ford's time nears, will a two-minute klaxon sound? 

Be nice to get Ford to the tapes. We've got rather bogged down in planning minutiae and housing provision detail.

Bogged down, its like wading through  treacle, suppose this is what goes on in most planning applications.....er apart from when the local council have their way.

Edited by topaz325

Can't see Matt Ford getting his chance today unless the inspector extends the proceedings past the usual 5pm!? (And that'll mean him missing tonight's meeting!!)

6 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Can't see Matt Ford getting his chance today unless the inspector extends the proceedings past the usual 5pm!? (And that'll mean him missing tonight's meeting!!)

Yeah its quite a joke really when they know he didn't get his slot due to Goatley asking the same question repeatedly in a different format (perhaps Goatface is worried he'll be bring the evidence that they haven't been provided with)