British Speedway Forum

36 minutes ago, Piotr Pyszny said:

Ford concedes his claims about crowds at Oxford are based on a conversation with an insider. Admits the figures cannot be verified.

Shame that the scs man never picked up that the figures were also included in evidence submitted by Kevin Boothby who does have experience of running a stadium

28 minutes ago, Piotr Pyszny said:

Ms Hockenhull asks about the British Speedway Network streaming service. Ford explains it is in its infancy but beginning to work very well. He says 45 per cent of the revenue goes to Championship clubs.

I'm not well up on what BSN covers but if 45% goes to Championship teams and 55% to the operators does the Premiership not take anything from BSN ?.

4 minutes ago, Toady said:

To all you critics of Matt I thought he did a good job and why would he disclose what he pays to osbourne that’s for osbourne to answer

He would reveal it as part of his income and expenditure to prove that his current club is viable.

He would use it as part of his business plan to assess whether returning speedway to Coventry was viable.

Of course, he is under no obligation to do so, but you would have thought seeing as how it has been a consistent line of questioning that it would have been wise to do so

1 hour ago, heathen52 said:

I'm not well up on what BSN covers but if 45% goes to Championship teams and 55% to the operators does the Premiership not take anything from BSN ?.

Does the Championship take anything from Discovery?

I thought the fordmeister did well he fought his corner calmly.

he expressed his experience as a promoter would make Coventry successful as an older statesman of the sport -go Cecil.

So Taking the positives the most successful promoter wants to promote speedway at Brandon.

we have  a millionaire businessman with the funds to renovate the stadium appropriately.

stock cars will always thrive at Brandon 

Phil morris explained vehemently the current media and state of speedway in a positive manner.

On the negative side it would be easy for the chair to add weight to the affordable housing  provision so as to expedite the site not laying desolate for another seven years.

probably an irrational worry by me though.

up the bees

• Like 2

14 hours ago, tyretrax said:

Does the Championship take anything from Discovery?

Matt Ford said that his (and I presume all CL Clubs) 'office costs' of around £12,000 are covered by the Discovery payment.

By office costs, I presume that is his club's contribution to the running of the Rugby based HQ.

• Like 1

Clarke Osbornes assertion that greyhounds would add to a stadiums viability begs the question as to why they withdrew it at Poole? GIs decision, nobody else's!

26 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Clarke Osbornes assertion that greyhounds would add to a stadiums viability begs the question as to why they withdrew it at Poole? GIs decision, nobody else's!

Quite

and that in warren hunter’s submission he said the only years a loss was made was when the greyhounds were operated.

• Thanks 1

Pack of lies from Osborne swindon speedway never re-opened because of financial reasons non profitable this guy is lower than snakes belly :nono:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

Pack of lies from Osborne swindon speedway never re-opened because of financial reasons non profitable this guy is lower than snakes belly :nono:

Yeh but Terry Russell told him it wasn’t didn’t he ?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

To make Swindon more profitable of course

This guy is an outright liar... he's just said that increasing costs (energy etc.) can't be passed on in the form of higher admission prices, just a plain lie!

What's his position re Brandon? Is he involved with the developers? Why is he trying to stop Coventry from returning? 

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

And his points about 'stadium costs' and going on about air fences??? Air fences for Speedway are paid for by Speedway promoters/sponsorship - sweet FA to do with a stadium.

I really do hope that SCS legal chap (Hargreaves?) takes him to task on loads of his points!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, iainb said:

This guy is an outright liar... he's just said that increasing costs (energy etc.) can't be passed on in the form of higher admission prices, just a plain lie!

What's his position re Brandon? Is he involved with the developers? Why is he trying to stop Coventry from returning? 

It's rubbish and he has no more evidence than anybody else re figures. Both parties are arguing about theoretical numbers.

• Like 2