British Speedway Forum

Bloody hell, the SCS side did'nt even note what Poole get for sponsorship, it's 98k according to what Matt said..:oops:.

Edited by heathen52

45 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So thats that til 8/9th Nov?!!  :o

Ps I don't know how Osborne professes to know exactly the attendance figures at Poole? It's not his stadium staff that operate the turnstiles/entrances, it's MF's staff!!

He said all stadium operators know or should know those figures also he was not pressed on that by Humphrey’s also when talking about Oxford he said he had not been since reopening so how could he comment on their attendance figures also not referred to by Scs advocate likewise Kevin boothbys submission was not referred to.

A very poor effort from mr Humphrey’s overall imo

6 minutes ago, Toady said:

He said all stadium operators know or should know those figures also he was not pressed on that by Humphrey’s also when talking about Oxford he said he had not been since reopening so how could he comment on their attendance figures also not referred to by Scs advocate likewise Kevin boothbys submission was not referred to.

A very poor effort from mr Humphrey’s overall imo

Yeah I agree very poor from Humphreys, could have done much better.

Humphreys should have mentioned the other speedway clubs that have folded at the hands of mr Osbourne.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, eric i said:

Humphreys should have mentioned the other speedway clubs that have folded at the hands of mr Osbourne.

You have to be careful not to feed them as well. I think we just have to trust those we chose to represent the stadium.

If speedway was financially lucrative for investors, we wouldn't be where we are. Only the BSPL can help change that long term.

• Like 1

I’m guessing that Brandon estates is Clarke osbourne?????

2 hours ago, iainb said:

I think Eddie Waring had a great deal to do with bringing RL to a wider prominence didn't he? But despite all of the polish it still appears to be a bit of a turd at heart in this country

A turd at the heart of this country? Evidence? As for Waring, well...

Edited by Piotr Pyszny

27 minutes ago, Piotr Pyszny said:

A turd at the heart of this country? Evidence? As for Waring, well...

I mean it's had the glitz and glamour thrown at it by Sky, in a similar manner that Speedway did but it still seems to be unable to shake off it's cloth cap and whippets image and predominantly a northern sport.

Snooker & Darts have managed to change their image, especially Snooker. What was once a past time to be play in a smokey hall no has a much more modern image

3 hours ago, 40-38 said:

Has it finished for the day now? 

Adjourned until 8th/9th November, the outcome of which should provide an extra item on the BSPL AGM Agenda that week!!;)

Edited by Skidder1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Adjourned until 8th/9th November, the outcome of which should provide an extra item on the BSPL AGM Agenda that week!!;)

Adjourned for what? That’s 6 weeks. Talk about dragging things out.

25 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

Adjourned for what? That’s 6 weeks. Talk about dragging things out.

Something to do with the NHS wanting a say... so if they've gone onto an NHS waiting list it could be another couple of years! And I thought the NHS supposed to treat ill people, apparently not these days

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

So thats that til 8/9th Nov?!!  :o

Ps I don't know how Osborne professes to know exactly the attendance figures at Poole? It's not his stadium staff that operate the turnstiles/entrances, it's MF's staff!!

They run the stadium so do know how many people come in.

Well I think once the final bits are sorted in November the inspector will have a lot to think about. It’s such a tough one to call as if it was purely B.E vs SCS it may be different but is also the council’s position here that the inspector has to consider.  The actual framework for the appeal goes much deeper than spectator or participants and lack of numbers in terms of attendances. I think Phil Morris’s opening statement really set the tone in my view that speedway has a future. Did anything B.E say really convince that the 3G pitch is a suitable replacement when you wheel out a potential buyer, a speedway promoter and nobody but B.E want the build.  The locals or 96/4 against it too! The tick box of the pitch and the convenient damage of the stadium used to argue the viability to reopen the stadium! Luckily the inspector seems surprisingly a very down to earth and switched on person.  

3 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

I’m guessing that Brandon estates is Clarke osbourne?????

No osbourne is not Brandon estates that is a guy called John Downer

• Thanks 1