British Speedway Forum

7 minutes ago, Toady said:

His figures were from Swindon and Poole  where he was owner and leaseholder respectively and were supplied by both incumbent promoters tr and mf also unlike b.e brief on scs and Stox figures nobody from their side challenged those  figures so must have felt they were accurate 

It was all he said, she said though. You can't offer opinion as evidence, there were many documents submitted as evidence, I think one of them was from Mick Horton of all people... but as far as I am aware nothing from Osbourne, he just appeared and gave his opinion and I think we all know why

46 minutes ago, iainb said:

It was all he said, she said though. You can't offer opinion as evidence, there were many documents submitted as evidence, I think one of them was from Mick Horton of all people... but as far as I am aware nothing from Osbourne, he just appeared and gave his opinion and I think we all know why

https://www.rugby.gov.uk/documents/d/guest/16-3-2__proof_of_evidence_cao_final-pdf?download=true

what is this then , I thought you followed the enquiry ?

Edited by Toady
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Toady said:

Fair enough, I stand corrected... i must have fallen asleep during that bit :neutral:

I didn't realise the evidence documents were available online... very interesting, thanks

Edited by iainb
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Fair enough, I stand corrected... i must have fallen asleep during that bit :neutral:

I didn't realise the evidence documents were available online... very interesting, thanks

No problem, You can see how important Osbournes evidence was to Brandon estates appeal and a missed opportunity from the other side in questioning it, but as they say water under the bridge

Brandon Estates Appeal has been dismissed !! More news to follow apparently

• Like 8

We know it doesn't mean that speedway is coming back to Brandon necessarily.
But it's a massive victory for the SCS team and all the hard work they've put into this. They were facing a seemingly insurmountable set of problems from a company with huge resources to throw at the problem. But right is right. This is a morally correct decision.

• Like 2

Fantastic news at least the fight can continue.

well done to all concerned and the goat is Put  to the sword.

up the bees

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, heathen52 said:

Must have been Big Phil and Cecil's evidence that did it!   Seriously, well done to all involved and good luck with next steps. 

43 minutes ago, The H Man said:

Must have been Big Phil and Cecil's evidence that did it!   Seriously, well done to all involved and good luck with next steps. 

Credit also to Helen Hockenhull for coming to this decision and allowing the fight to continue 

• Like 1

A great day for British Speedway, it's only a (bloody fantastic!) step in the right direction and there will no doubt be other hurdles thrown in the way but hopefully this at least sets a legal precedent

• Like 2

Brilliant news!

• Like 1

A fantastic result and congratulations to all concerned.  Now, following this decision, can a similar appeal be lodged by the powers that be at Peterborough or has that local council supported to building scheme at the Showground?

• Like 1

I'm sure most wd be happy to start with a basic track, grandstand needs demolishing. Could BSPA Ltd take it over?