British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

Premiership- Swindon Robins v Ipswich Witches. 04/07/19.

Well happy with that - great result to get a point and couldve been more which bodes well

Credit to Swindon for coming from the back so often to scrape the win. That takes some spirit too

Sounds like it was a great meeting - speedway needs more like it whatever the result for your own side

• Like 2

Ipswich need to decide who is their best option at no.1 and who their best reserve pairing is, then start manipulating these rolling averages to get riders into these positions for the play offs

• Like 1

Just now, Falcon1983 said:

Ipswich need to decide who is their best option at no.1 and who their best reserve pairing is, then start manipulating these rolling averages to get riders into these positions for the play offs

I say just go with the John Virgo mantra of 'pot as many balls as you can' and whatever will be will be.....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

You must be licking your lips at a play off semi with those pesky Pirates Gav  :D

I’d rather face Poole to be honest , we have riders that go well there that don’t at say places like Belle Vue 

Equally Holder and Kurtz don’t go well at Foxhall 

19 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I know we could have grabbed a draw but we was never in front in the match and beforehand I would have happily taken a point from this .... we must be all but in the play offs now 

One thing is for sure Gav, you are gonna be hard to beat on aggregate over 2 legs in the play offs. The Pole was class tonight.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Well happy with that - great result to get a point and couldve been more which bodes well

Credit to Swindon for coming from the back so often to scrape the win. That takes some spirit too

Sounds like it was a great meeting - speedway needs more like it whatever the result for your own side

Yeah was good stuff. At least 3 top drawer races. Loads of other close ones. And of course a Robins win!!

The ones who said Doyley doesn't do heat 15 or try before a GP look a bit silly now!! He meant that!

• Like 2

One of the best meetings for a long time with Swindon saving themselves with 3 last gasp passes in the Meeting . I give Doyle a lot of stick at times and he look below his best again tonight  and never thought he would come out for heat  15 but he did and pull off an  amazing pass on the last lap making lines on the track that put him in danger of losing second place for the whole 4 laps .

On a negative note another poor crowd  on a lovely summers night against decent oppo and that has to be a worry going forward .Swindon as a team thou they are  good to watch won't make a dent in in this league unless they can a get a decent reserve . It's bad enough at home but even worst away .

• Like 2

Fantastic meeting..Great weather...average crowd.Superb pass by Doyle to win it..well ridden Ipswich.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

One thing is for sure Gav, you are gonna be hard to beat on aggregate over 2 legs in the play offs. The Pole was class tonight.

Great for Pieszczek to get himself a hatful, seems to be getting better and better, could be a key rider come the playoffs, such a togetherness in this team, everyone pulls together and even on off nights chip in with crucial point here and there, up the witches no reason why we can’t get something at Belle vue Monday! 

• Like 1

Just now, 89buttons said:

Great for Pieszczek to get himself a hatful, seems to be getting better and better, could be a key rider come the playoffs, such a togetherness in this team, everyone pulls together and even on off nights chip in with crucial point here and there, up the witches no reason why we can’t get something at Belle vue Monday! 

Yeah I would hope Rosco is tapping up the Pole for next season!!!! Would have netted you 2 points if it wasn't for a mad Doyle ride. I thought your team was garbage on paper, how wrong was I?!

• Like 1

Ipswich were great tonight disciplined frustrating filled the minor places the Budgies god they hardly made a gate all night.Kennett was great value and Pieszcek was awesome showing us just what he is capable of.I remember the u21 round at king's Lynn the other year and he was class he was class tonight.The ride from Doyley in heat 15 was top drawer stuff have to say i am worried now need to get Musielak back???? and get an astute reserve to replace Stefan it won't be easy chuffed to just win tonight,

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

Well done boys! Yet another meeting we’ve taken something from. Like I said earlier, fancy us against any side in this league over two legs. Great effort. 

• Like 2

Well done to the Robins for helping put Pirates top of the League!:drink:

Edited by Steve Shovlar

As it stands I can’t see anyone living with Ipswich over two legs. Which is absolutely remarkable considering what they looked like on paper back in March. 

Just hope they can avoid injuries. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

As it stands I can’t see anyone living with Ipswich over two legs. Which is absolutely remarkable considering what they looked like on paper back in March. 

Just hope they can avoid injuries. 

Like the Leicester of the Prem league. In my younger days I would of been pi$$ed with there success. I must be getting old . Doing very well. As long as they knock Poole out somewhere along the like, i'll be happy ;)

• Like 1