British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg. Ipswich v Poole 28/9/19

2 hours ago, geoff58 said:

mind the lump in your throat :rofl: poor pie-rats #nosympathy

No lump in my throat, can't win every year. I wasn't sympathetic when you missed out on the playoffs as i predicted so no sympathy required.. 

2 hours ago, geoff58 said:

mind the lump in your throat :rofl: poor pie-rats #nosympathy

your worrying to much about it get over it we lost 

1 hour ago, TB1 said:

Are we assuming that because of the wolves rain off then the final might be week beginning 14tb October?

I am absolutely hoping not as I am already elsewhere on the Thursday!

7 minutes ago, crazysue said:

I am absolutely hoping not as I am already elsewhere on the Thursday!

Surely we have then to assume then that first leg of final is 10th then second leg is 14th ?

2 hours ago, Lukas said:

As a Peterborough lad I hate to say this but I was cheering for Ippo bitches.. probably down to Pooles win at all costs mentality (some call it cheating) year after year. I mean Holders interview was more embarrassing than that sad rainy debacle a few yrs back at Kirkmansume lane when Hancock boarded the cheating Pirate ship.

As a Lynn fan, I wanted Ippo to win. After toegate, I was on the edge of my seat, willing Ippo to win. Look at Sarg's ride on a very tricky track in the rain in HT 14. Got less skill, but bigger gonads than Holder and Kurtz put together. Shades of Holdergate at Lynn...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, TB1 said:

Surely we have then to assume then that first leg of final is 10th then second leg is 14th ?

Eh? Sod's law says that the Ipswich leg will be held on the 17th, just like the semi final leg was held on Saturday.....when I absolutely couldn't be there. That said, any Saturday is a no no for me as that is a work night and to get a Saturday night off is almost impossible and only with several months notice,  which is why the original dates worked well for me as no Saturday and away from a planned for the last year day out on the 17th.

Edited by crazysue

22 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

End of the day we all know (except Ipswich fans) the playoff final will be a poorer contest without Poole in it. Neutrals will have a couldn’t care less attitude about it. Wolves v Ipswich? Meh! Who wins who cares? Neutrals won’t give a flying toss. Swindon v Ipswich? Same. Other than the fans of these clubs no one else will really care.

We all know with Poole in the final passions are raised sky high. There are no neutrals. And that’s the truth whether you like it or not.:D

Poole are a poor side end of, living off past glories you mocked me months ago when i said you were the weakest out of the four team's left.Ipswich regrouped stopped there poor run of results and brought in Iversen/  Sarjeant Poole kept with Wells and brought Johansson in tells you everything.It would be best if Ford moves along but what has he got to sell???? the promotional rights and an old tractor can't see anybody else taking over anytime soon.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Poole are not for sale. The club has been taken off the market.

34 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Cant think of many people wanting to buy it to  be honest and buy what?  also the track should be dug up and relaid which is not going to be a cheap exercise.Poole for me since Darcy went on loan have made loads of mistakes team wise and you have to question that side of thing's.

Edited by Sidney the robin

Many have described Poole as the Man Utd of Speedway.  Now I get what they mean. 

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Youve turned into a right idiot. Try going to specsavers, that track last night was appaulling. And once it rains it becomse very slippery, its clay based ,  But i wouldnt expect you to know that...

'You wouldn't expect him to know that'???  Think you'll find he knows a whole lot more about the sport than you ever could! Stick to selling those Stars sticky being the operative word......:icon_smile_clown:

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not surprising getting beat by this years #cannonfolder over two legs is sure to put a big dent in your market value :party:

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Pob said:

Not surprising getting beat by this years #cannonfolder over two legs is sure to put a big dent in your market value :party:

it isnt getting beat by this years"cannonfodder"as you put it that would dent the market value its the fact that only 1000 turned up to watch the home leg that dents value.i know he wont take satisfaction from it but skidder did predict selecting ipswich was "financial suicide",forget the trophy had to reach the final to balance the books.Everthing went our way in the play-offs last season,well beaten this y,r thats sport,congratulatilons to the ipswich riders

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, poole keith said:

1000 turned up to watch the home leg

I assume that you're talking about at Poole? 

The cameras at Foxhall didn't do justice to the crowd, I reckon about 2500 to 3000 were there on Saturday which I think is pretty good in this day and age. 

The problem at Ipswich is that our stadium has about a 12000+ capacity and always looks empty, unlike many other teams that pack out 1 stand to look good on telly. 

Just saying 

• Like 1