British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
krompa

League Finals - new dates

Hi

I see that 1st leg of Grand Final is scheduled for Oct 10th (Thursday). Any idea about new date for 2nd leg? Monday 14th or Thursday 17th?

Weather permitting of course...

Edited by krompa

Sept 10th obviously mean Oct 10th

55 minutes ago, krompa said:

Hi

I see that 1st leg of Grand Final is scheduled for Sep 10th (Thursday). Any idea about new date for 2nd leg? Monday 14th or Thursday 17th?

Edited by scoobydoo

20 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Edited. Thanks

1 hour ago, krompa said:

Hi

I see that 1st leg of Grand Final is scheduled for Oct 10th (Thursday). Any idea about new date for 2nd leg? Monday 14th or Thursday 17th?

I presume it would be Thursday 10th and Monday 14th, especially if Wolves are involved (fingers crossed) as Monmore Green has Dogs on Thursday Nights  

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Depends who the teams are as there may be stadium availability restrictions

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Depends who the teams are as there may be stadium availability restrictions

I would expect Wolves to race at home on the Monday if they beat Swindon and if Swindon win then Swindon at home on the Thursday. I think Ipswich probably would be more flexible.

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I would expect Wolves to race at home on the Monday if they beat Swindon and if Swindon win then Swindon at home on the Thursday. I think Ipswich probably would be more flexible.

Ipswich might like the idea of racing Saturday 12th October. There are no stocks racing that day and I feel the play-off legs are better if scheduled closer. Therefore it could be Swindon 1st leg Thursday 10th or Wolves second leg Monday 14th.

2 minutes ago, tocha said:

Ipswich might like the idea of racing Saturday 12th October. There are no stocks racing that day and I feel the play-off legs are better if scheduled closer. Therefore it could be Swindon 1st leg Thursday 10th or Wolves second leg Monday 14th.

hope so

On 9/30/2019 at 7:51 PM, Arch Stanton said:

Won't be happening as Swindon - Wolves scheduled for 10th due to rain-off.

When will the BSPA learn, playoffs should start at beginning of September, and finished by end of September. Fixture scheduling is terrible, there is not that many fixtures and some teams go weeks without a home meeting. Also if a meeting is rained off earlier in season it should be re-arranged within 2 weeks not just sticking it on the end of the fixtures.

• Like 3

i''m afraid that the british weather is so unpredictable...your suggestion means that for teams not in the play-offs then their season ends in august.. I've seen enough people complain on here when that happens to their side.... as long as all done by end of oct...next year the early October weather will be dry I expect... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

When will the BSPA learn, playoffs should start at beginning of September, and finished by end of September. 

Both leagues? (Maybe even all three?) So all teams bar those in the play offs finish their seasons by the end of August? And half of those involved in the play offs are finished by mid-September?

Where’s the sense in that? How many supporters would sign up for a shorter season?