British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

6 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Oh my dayz :lol:

I have been thinking,even though I suggested Kvech and Berntzon realistically who is going to come over in these times of uncertainty.It would cost the rider and club a premium so the best option was to go for someone already over here.Heeps is probably best one available that is already here.

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

I have been thinking,even though I suggested Kvech and Berntzon realistically who is going to come over in these times of uncertainty.It would cost the rider and club a premium so the best option was to go for someone already over here.Heeps is probably best one available that is already here.

Spot on, nobody new is coming right now, it was always going to be  a double upper already here. Heeps and Summers looked the two best options.

Little option for any club.  Just have to take what ever is available and hope you strike lucky.

Very frustrating rider to watch,,, and average will only go down,,, but he can be entertaining cos he is nearly always out gated

1 hour ago, Speedball said:

One bright spot is the signing of Sam Hagon as a club asset - http://www.kingslynn-speedway.com/_mobile/news.php?extend.31089

Always been impressed when watching him in the Youth Championship. Definitely looks to have a bright future ahead of him.

This is Allitt's level for me. Absolutely brilliant with the development of youth rider's. 

Unfortunately I don't think he has the strength mentally for the Premiership, dealing with rider's that have their own mind. Not sure Schroeck is working as Team Manager either. 

A change is needed for 2022. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

This is Allitt's level for me. Absolutely brilliant with the development of youth rider's. 

Unfortunately I don't think he has the strength mentally for the Premiership, dealing with rider's that have their own mind. Not sure Schroeck is working as Team Manager either. 

I’ll be honest, I don’t get a lot of the Dale bashing. I’ve got a lot of time and respect for him, especially for his work with the Young Stars. He did well with the 2018 side and ill health really affected him in 2019. I feel he’s probably working with one hand tied behind his back and cuts a frustrated figure when I’ve seen him this season.

He’a a decent team manager in my eyes and I’d rather him than Schroeck. I just don’t rate him at all and my mate who was a Rye House fan called him a clown when it was announced he was linking up with us. Some of his comments this season echo that and his lack of tac subs against Ipswich was ridiculous, though I admit his options were limited as nearly everyone was so poor.

ideally I’d like Rob Lyon back as team manager, Dale doing his work behind the scenes and Jonathan Chapman back injecting some life into proceedings. But more chance of snow in the Sahara than that combo coming off.

Edited by Speedball
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, Speedball said:

I’ll be honest, I don’t get a lot of the Dale bashing. I’ve got a lot of time and respect for him, especially for his work with the Young Stars. He did well with the 2018 side and ill health really affected him in 2019. I feel he’s probably working with one hand tied behind his back and cuts a frustrated figure when I’ve seen him this season.

He’a a decent team manager in my eyes and I’d rather him than Schroeck. I just don’t rate him at all and my mate who was a Rye House fan called him a clown when it was announced he was linking up with us. Some of his comments this season echo that and his lack of tac subs against Ipswich was ridiculous, though I admit his options were limited as nearly everyone was so poor.

ideally I’d like Rob Lyon back as team manager, Dale doing his work behind the scenes and Jonathan Chapman back injecting some life into proceedings. But more chance of snow in the Sahara than that combo coming off.

Yeah, i'd take that every day of the week.

1 hour ago, Speedball said:

That's my point, Allitt is great with up & coming rider's. When it's come to team building & getting the best out of them it's lacking. There doesn't seem to be any working out a rider's form to averages, injury record etc. It looks as though it's a case of "who do I know, they'll do. We all knew 3 of the starting 7 were no good, there wasn't a single person that thought King's Lynn had a good team. How on earth could those "in the know" not see it?? 

The gulf (as I've said many times) between us & Peterborough is a joke. 

Just imagine watching Buster, Lyon & Allitt prancing about celebrating if Peterborough win the title. Just imagine that for a second.

If only I had some spare cash :mad:

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

He was the one trying got get the riders going with his team talk in the pits after the bad start we had. He wasn't a happy chap. Rob Lyon is the one, but the Panthers have him as well as the better riders :unsure:

have you lot started moaning or should i say kept moaning now we have signed Sam Hagon ? 

9 minutes ago, Greg said:

have you lot started moaning or should i say kept moaning now we have signed Sam Hagon ? 

Sam is a great prospect and aquisition, but Kings Lynn lost 38-51 at home last night and that is the immediate issue people are upset about

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Greg said:

Yeah mentioned 7 hours ago if you actually bothered to read the thread :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Jorgensen has pulled out after his 2nd ride for Scunthorpe tonight after falling in his 1st ride.That would be a huge blow as he has been the only one to show any form all season for Lynn bar Lawson.

• Sad 1