British Speedway Forum

10 minutes ago, mac101 said:

we can only change like for like unless we redeclare back to lower points limit  and can’t really see anybody out there that’s any better than we have maybe we should just do what Leicester did when they won the league get the best guest for each track but with the new rule kinda going to be hard but sure the promotion are working hard to bring someone in for Ulrich 

Was about to ask what Glasgow have to play with regarding Ulrich but you have answered the question. 

32 minutes ago, mac101 said:

we can only change like for like unless we redeclare back to lower points limit  and can’t really see anybody out there that’s any better than we have maybe we should just do what Leicester did when they won the league get the best guest for each track but with the new rule kinda going to be hard but sure the promotion are working hard to bring someone in for Ulrich 

Absolutely, we also don't need to use the highest averaged riders available like Jye Etheridge the other week, when riders on lower averages can do a much better job at certain tracks. Aaron Summers may be worth a shout for home meetings, he was impressive at Ashfield two weeks ago and perhaps has turned a corner. Outside the play off contenders there isn't much choice though Paul Starke is a rider I keep thinking could do a reasonable job. Just not Jye Etheridge again.

Never liked running with guests personally, think Leigh lanham many years ago scoring 1 point from number 1 has scarred me for life :D. And with so many Friday night clubs might find choice thin on the ground at times

Going with guests is certainly an option especially if you can get through to the play-offs which Glasgow should. There would be more riders available at that stage due to some teams not having meetings. 

42 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Never liked running with guests personally, think Leigh lanham many years ago scoring 1 point from number 1 has scarred me for life :D. And with so many Friday night clubs might find choice thin on the ground at times

That's partly why I thought of Summers who rides at a Saturday track though he did have a shocker of a guest appearance for us at Redcar many years ago, think he got a point and lost us the meeting having been there with the 0131 just before it and got double figures but that's the way it goes. Second in the averages is an extremely difficult position to cover with r/r in a very strong team never mind ours.

36 minutes ago, MD said:

That's partly why I thought of Summers who rides at a Saturday track though he did have a shocker of a guest appearance for us at Redcar many years ago, think he got a point and lost us the meeting having been there with the 0131 just before it and got double figures but that's the way it goes. Second in the averages is an extremely difficult position to cover with r/r in a very strong team never mind ours.

Spud would definitely been my choice over etheridge wasn't sure if was an issue after he left why he wasn't used

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Spud would definitely been my choice over etheridge wasn't sure if was an issue after he left why he wasn't used

Well, you'll get a chance to assess him tomorrow night at Ashfield!

14 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

We don't need to assess him we know what he is capable off around Ashfield. 

48 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Assessed him in the ko cup match, 11 points and 3 heat wins; gladly take that from a guest. Like to hope brother Steve will at least hit that level tomorrow night

24 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Assessed him in the ko cup match, 11 points and 3 heat wins; gladly take that from a guest. Like to hope brother Steve will at least hit that level tomorrow night

Spud is #1 for Birmingham tomorrow, l believe

1 minute ago, crescent girl said:

Spud is #1 for Birmingham tomorrow, l believe

Where's Riss? German team got a polish league match? 

4 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Where's Riss? German team got a polish league match? 

Riss and his pal aren't coming, doing something in their Fatherland   Spud at #1, r/r at #2.

Bought my streaming pass. Up the Brummies. 

6 hours ago, MD said:

Surely it's the opposite, all riders can get a r/r ride!

• Like 1