British Speedway Forum

7 minutes ago, Hackett said:

"Son of God" to Glasgow ???? 

If rumours are true would imagine be of interest but would require a double/ triple change (which I'd be more than happy with) so would depend who else is available

45 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

If rumours are true would imagine be of interest but would require a double/ triple change (which I'd be more than happy with) so would depend who else is available

For Lawson to come in Glasgow would have to cut points drastically to come in below 38. They'd be better off replacing like for like

43 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Cook and lawson in the same team , i dought it.

Not going to happen , only rider he could replace in the team is Cook and that won’t happen.

Lawsons average is too high as a replacement for Ulliy.

32 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

For Lawson to come in Glasgow would have to cut points drastically to come in below 38. They'd be better off replacing like for like

Have rules changed? I'd have thought if replaced ulle, wells and sedgeman would have about 21 points to replace them with? Why do we need to go back to the 38 for top 6?

If any Eastbourne riders leave and head to Glasgow I would put money on that being Tom Brennan heading up the M6

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Have rules changed? I'd have thought if replaced ulle, wells and sedgeman would have about 21 points to replace them with? Why do we need to go back to the 38 for top 6?

Rule has always been the same. You can only change a rider directly, if you replace with a higher rider you need to be under the limit

19 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Rule has always been the same. You can only change a rider directly, if you replace with a higher rider you need to be under the limit

So for arguments sake, we signed Kerr, Brennan and Newman, no problem because under the average of the riders replacing, but if wanted to sign Lawson, Brennan and Kemp instead that's not allowed? Despite the latter 3 combined averages being lower than first 3? Sounds like speedway rules right enough

I do not wish the demise of Eastbourne or any other track merely using their riders as an example before I the grief starts lol

6 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

So for arguments sake, we signed Kerr, Brennan and Newman, no problem because under the average of the riders replacing, but if wanted to sign Lawson, Brennan and Kemp instead that's not allowed? Despite the latter 3 combined averages being lower than first 3? Sounds like speedway rules right enough

I do not wish the demise of Eastbourne or any other track merely using their riders as an example before I the grief starts lol

One change can be up to the average of the rider replaced. Multiple changes means bringing the new team total under the appropriate points limit (38 in Glasgow’s case as they have a 3* Rising Star).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

We can replace like for like Lawson for Cook as an example as Lawson has a lower average than Cook.

We can replace Ully with a rider up to 7.95.

To make multiple changes at once would need to revert back to the building average of 38.

Just saw the reply above saying the same.

Just to clarify I am not pushing for Lawson to replace Cook just using the scenario as an example.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Much obliged. Hands are tied then or would need to lose over 3 points or replace Connor with a 1*

39 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Much obliged. Hands are tied then or would need to lose over 3 points or replace Connor with a 1*

1* wouldn't help you either as it counts as a 2*. Highest limit is 39

4 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Cook and lawson in the same team , i dought it.

And Steve Lawson helping out with the track ??;)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, flagrag said:

If any Eastbourne riders leave and head to Glasgow I would put money on that being Tom Brennan heading up the M6

Ditto.