British Speedway Forum
jenga

workington ..

15 minutes ago, lewy said:

Bit weak at reserve, pedersen and Kildamand injury prone,could  make the playoffs with a bit of luck:rolleyes:

@Neila Got it about right Lewy... it's been discussed (today again as it happens) and it will depend on a few different factors and one being what state the sport is in at the end of the season and the escalating costs that are making the sport less and less viable and how many clubs are left at the end of the season and and and and... so it's still up in the air to be honest but Neil isn't a million mile off...

Plus av just checked me Euro an not a flaming number...

7 minutes ago, Neila said:

Steve lawson gonna double up as reserve and track man 

Well many a true word said in jest...

Regards 

THJ

• Thanks 1

SO , for a bit ov a laff . lets see some times for Steve Lawsons unofficial , official track record on here .. 4 laps ..

put your lap time on here and lets see who gets closer .

i will go for 2 mins 37 secs .sorry , but yer a bit brittle nowadays .

Edited by jenga
too may sherb hic
  • Haha 1

Per lap jenga !!! your having a laugh, even THJ could do a lap faster than that !!:party:

78 seconds for 4 laps 

Edited by Neila

The track looks big, wide, and fast which looks like it will creates numerous racing lines. The Workington Comet supporters are in for a treat, especially with the elevated banked viewing areas. Hope they get the backing they deserve from both the supporters and by their local council. Good luck Workington and well done to all involved... 

Just came back on this thread and surprised my constructive criticism has been taken in such a way. Thought the track looked good and if they go Championship next season I will attempt the very long journey up. 

But it doesn’t get away from the fact that a safety zone needs to be built in between track and crowd. That safety zone would take the fence to roughly the bottom of the earth mound. Where is the crowd going to stand? Where is the grandstand going to go? Genuine questions that need addressing. My original post was never a pop at the new promotion or work going on. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just came back on this thread and surprised my constructive criticism has been taken in such a way. Thought the track looked good and if they go Championship next season I will attempt the very long journey up. 

But it doesn’t get away from the fact that a safety zone needs to be built in between track and crowd. That safety zone would take the fence to roughly the bottom of the earth mound. Where is the crowd going to stand? Where is the grandstand going to go? Genuine questions that need addressing. My original post was never a pop at the new promotion or work going on. 

You still Don get it !!! Work still in progress but when ready to open spectators will stand on top of the bank and won't be allowed near the fence, as said previously bit like back straight at Redcar how hard is this to understand  !!!!! One of the previous photos explains where the grandstand is proposed to go

If my memory is correct not much safety zone at Poole from the fench to the crowd 

19 minutes ago, Neila said:

You still Don get it !!! Work still in progress but when ready to open spectators will stand on top of the bank and won't be allowed near the fence, as said previously bit like back straight at Redcar how hard is this to understand  !!!!! One of the previous photos explains where the grandstand is proposed to go

If my memory is correct not much safety zone at Poole from the fench to the crowd 

There is a greyhound track in between! Although a fair bit of grass has grown on it now! 

Not been to Poole for about 20 years do my memory is wrong

3 hours ago, Neila said:

Not been to Poole for about 20 years do my memory is wrong

It’s roughly ten metres from track to crowd. Same as most tracks. The only track with less I can think of is Plymouth, and it certainly feels dangerous for the crowd if a bike flipped over the fence. Would cause injuries imo, no doubt.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It’s roughly ten metres from track to crowd. Same as most tracks. The only track with less I can think of is Plymouth, and it certainly feels dangerous for the crowd if a bike flipped over the fence. Would cause injuries imo, no doubt.

As mentioned before, the crowd at Glasgow is close to the track - more like two metres on the straights.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Why are you being so negative on a potential new track opening that has potential to be equal to belle Vue? 

From memory several tracks don't have massive spaces between fench and crowd  berwick Glasgow Redcar  scunthorpe belle Vue Peterborough properly more but can't think 1st thing in the morning .

I think the bspa track people have been to see the track and been in discussions about it, so they are happy.

Why is Steve shovlar  not happy 

14 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Only tracks might have anything close to 10m are greyhound tracks round the outside. Armadale, Newcastle, wolves etc. Glasgow is maybe 2m, Berwick the same. Redcar not much further than 2m

8 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

It’s as if 2m is the rule as has already been said, but Mr Poole still thinks it’s 10 because they have binoculars to watch down there

Maybe he just likes to tell folk it's bigger than it actually is,,, we all know those Walter Mitty types? ;)

Are there different Health and safety rules set by local councils , as previously stated can stand fairly close at some tracks and not at others .

I remember the exclusion zone near the fence getting further and further at Derwent Park over the last few years.