British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

5 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Yeah I've already given Tomlinson the warning about what happens to speedway stadium sites when they can't get planning permission for housing. Won't be long now. 

You can see an email being sent about a "failure to secure the site"...

I am sure that will be sufficient....:rolleyes:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

Get those fire extinguishers on stand by...:rolleyes:

Mike it's like you  seen this happen before..Anyone seen any gypsies?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

So the question is, if Gaming International don't run dogs anymore across the speedway venues why not give up the lease at Swindon & Poole + Readings derelict site?

Sad news if true, but I won't be surprised. 

According to Reading council, Reading's derelict site is now owned by a development company. GI only ever leased the land from the council.

1 hour ago, thecoombdog said:

Yeah I've already given Tomlinson the warning about what happens to speedway stadium sites when they can't get planning permission for housing. Won't be long now. 

You  looking  forward to Justin speech . how him and Sbc will work  tirelessly for a new site .No doubt that comment will be liked by 200 people..thanks for the update Justin 

Edited by orion

16 minutes ago, skydog said:

According to Reading council, Reading's derelict site is now owned by a development company. GI only ever leased the land from the council.

And that is the same as Poole :(

3 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Greyhound racing is 52 weeks a year

Bloody dogs life, eh?

Edit: Good luck to Swindon. I have happy memories of many visits to the Abbey and look forward to future speedway matches there.
I've found it very hard to follow the twists and turns of the story at Brandon. And believe me, I've tried. Trying to unravel the complications surrounding the Swindon stadium is beyond me. I really hope it can have a happy outcome.

Edited by False dawn

47 minutes ago, orion said:

You  looking  forward to Justin speech . how him and Sbc will work  tirelessly for a new site .No doubt that comment will be liked by 200 people..thanks for the update Justin 

Of course, there will be 100s of likes and people thinking that hope lives on!

Planning permission has been granted for another new housing development right next to the speedway. Bet all 120+ homes will get built before we even get another update!!

It's early so I missed something obvious!!! The chat all along was that only a certain amount of houses could be built up there and then the stadium has to be done. Of course we all knew this was BS but now it's been proved. I'm pretty sure that the new housing development is in the old car park based on the plans in this article.

Taylor Wimpey to begin work on new Swindon housing development (swindonlink.com)

Edited by thecoombdog
  • Like 1

I've not been following this too closely, but correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the landlords build a new track which was used for a while before Covid hit, then it was the promotion that elected not to run in 2021 & 2022. Is there something other than the promotion not electing to run stopping Speedway from running in Swindon?

54 minutes ago, iainb said:

I've not been following this too closely, but correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the landlords build a new track which was used for a while before Covid hit, then it was the promotion that elected not to run in 2021 & 2022. Is there something other than the promotion not electing to run stopping Speedway from running in Swindon?

Pretty sure Terry Russell paid for the track modifications. Gaming wouldn't pay a penny towards that. They elected not to run in 2021 because of Covid uncertainty and this year because of the promise of the new stadium works being done this summer which of course is a load of BS. The only works that have happened are to flatten anything which could be used to run speedway in 2023 even if the stadium had remained with the old layout. We all know its the end, just wish we would stop being BS'd.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Still saps on Facebook thinking it's going ahead..I just wish the mangerment would end there pain is almost cruel now..Sad to say Swindon Speedway fans must be some of most Gullible people of all time.The trouble is the search for the new site is going start the process all over again.How some of them like the Local Mp is way above  insane. He just sold them down the river

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, orion said:

Still saps on Facebook thinking it's going ahead..I just wish the mangerment would end there pain is almost cruel now..Sad to say Swindon Speedway fans must be some of most Gullible people of all time.The trouble is the search for the new site is going start the process all over again.How some of them like the Local Mp is way above  insane. He just sold them down the river

Did you see the plans for new housing development? Looks to me like the houses are in the old back straight car park. Tomlinson has now replied to me on twitter and said the development can't start until the stadium is finished!!! I asked him if meant that exact development that was mentioned this morning so we will see if he commits to an answer.

I can't understand how anyone can think it will happen now. If you type in Justin Tomlinson Swindon Speedway into google then you will see articles going back to 2016 about working starting thanks to his tireless efforts!!! Makes me angry to read all that sh1te that came out of his mouth

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thecoombdog said:

Did you see the plans for new housing development? Looks to me like the houses are in the old back straight car park. Tomlinson has now replied to me on twitter and said the development can't start until the stadium is finished!!! I asked him if meant that exact development that was mentioned this morning so we will see if he commits to an answer.

I can't understand how anyone can think it will happen now. If you type in Justin Tomlinson Swindon Speedway into google then you will see articles going back to 2016 about working starting thanks to his tireless efforts!!! Makes me angry to read all that sh1te that came out of his mouth

If the dogs are shutting as many people are telling  me then  the Stadium just can't carry on..You feel like shaking people and  telling them to wake up  

Swindon dogs issue urgent press statement in greyhound star  today regarding rumours

2 hours ago, orion said:

He's a lying c*** mate....dreadful individual.

• Like 1