British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Swindon Robins 2020

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Yes agree  with you they should not be in the Premiership section .... not active in the 2021 PL.  They are correctly in the Championship folder.

They have a thread in both sections!

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

It is for me ..... Get out now :P

Ha, I was talking about threads not fans! :D

• Haha 1

Was talking to one of the sponsors, he thinks it the end for Swindon speedway :(

15 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Was talking to one of the sponsors, he thinks it the end for Swindon speedway :(

It will be tough to come back after 2 years out. The sport is in a worse place than 2019. 

They show greyhound racing from Swindon on sky sports racing sometimes, there is no sign of any work being done at the stadium at all.

Personally I think the robins will return to the abbey but it will be in exactly the same state as when they left it.  
I think a lot depends on the health of Terry Russell and his will to continue. Does anyone know how Terry is ??

Would be great if Speedway returned, but can see another off season of empty promises.

4 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Personally I think the robins will return to the abbey but it will be in exactly the same state as when they left it.  
I think a lot depends on the health of Terry Russell and his will to continue. Does anyone know how Terry is ??

Terry Russell was at Kent the other week walking with the aid of a stick. He looked healthy & the stick seemed to be just in case.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Technik said:

Terry Russell was at Kent the other week walking with the aid of a stick. He looked healthy & the stick seemed to be just in case.

But would Terry want to go back to Swindon with the state of speedway at the present time.  I don't think he would and don't think anyone would blame him. 

14 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

But would Terry want to go back to Swindon with the state of speedway at the present time.  I don't think he would and don't think anyone would blame him. 

I have no clue. You would need to ask him. I just saw him at Kent before the meeting in the pits area & I think he spent the night with Len Silver. As for his business that's none of mine

On 8/10/2021 at 6:51 PM, Technik said:

I have no clue. You would need to ask him. I just saw him at Kent before the meeting in the pits area & I think he spent the night with Len Silver. As for his business that's none of mine

Doesn't he live in Kent?!

9 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Doesn't he live in Kent?!

I believe so I think Mr Silver has lived near Maidstone for sometime close to his Silverski office

Well done Swindon legend Adam Ellis on becoming British Champion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Best wishes and a speedy recovery to Swindon boss Alun Rossiter who finally goes into hospital today to get his knee replacement op done.