British Speedway Forum
ch958

Jason Garrity

4 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

That piece made me smile, Havelock had difficulty managing his own life never mind anyone else's.:)

Maybe that's where it all went wrong :D

1 hour ago, Lioness said:

…… He has though forfeited his right to a sports position…..

Really?  How does that work then?

• Like 3

while I don’t agree with what Jason has done, and sort of have the done the time bit pulling me both ways, I still wouldn’t really want him to be back in speedway. Some promoter will eventually sign him and give him a spot  out of desperation/loyalty from previous etc and this will become my dilemma. When he visits my track do I go or not. I think not at the moment. Currently have the intention of writing/messaging our promotion explaining why I won’t be there and pointing out that they are losing money by letting said rider ride. Hopefully if a few people did this it might hit home to the promoters that this rider is costing their business money. 

2 hours ago, Lioness said:

As I have already said if you cared to read my posts, its horses for courses.  A school teacher can be struck off if convicted for behaviour outwith his school, you would not put a paedophile in charge of a nursery, Raith fans will tell you what happened when they tried to sign rapist David Goodwillie.   You commit a crime, you do the time.  As I have said I have no problem with him being a plumber although I wouldnt want him to be going into the homes of elderly or vulnerable.  He can be a labourer if he wants or any other number of jobs.  He has though forfeited his right to a sports position where he would benefit from sponsorship and get publicity and could possibly be seen by young or vulnerable as a 'hero' because he can ride a bike well.  He's not a hero, he is a violent thug who served time for what he did to an elderly disabled individual in their own home.  Let him get on with his life away from speedway - the sport does enough to make it less appealing to possible new supporters without the ruling body being stupid enough to see that allowing him back as a rider will give every nimby in the land extra ammunition to object to speedway and speedway tracks.  

I don't see why speedway riders must be holier than thou, to be riders. I'm pretty sure many riders have a 'back catalogue' or skeletons in their cupboard. Many boxers have skeletons and back catalogues. I do understand speedway promoters getting worried about the affect on their gates. On the other hand, he might be a draw. 'Come and see the bad boy come good'!   

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Lioness said:

what a mature well thought out response.  I'll keep it simple and realistic and point out that what happens in LA or anywhere else does not justify going into the home of an elderly disabled person, scaring the rubbish out of them and stealing their money.  Lets not reward those who do eh

just a bit of levity, no need to get twisted. 

10 hours ago, iainb said:

I have read your post and you don't come across as a very forgiving person. The difference with paedo's becoming teachers is the small matter of the law of the land forbidding it, it's not a matter of opinion. It is not law that burglars can't become speedway riders... or anything else for that matter the only thing he has forfeited is his liberty for a few years and his reputation. 

There are many people that have turned their lives around and gone on to become inspirational "heroes"... Ant Middleton served time and now does motivational speaking tours. 

bordering on hysterical

Posted (edited)

I'm sure Jason is aware of the consequences of making a public return and whatever team he rides for will remind him of this,but at the same time have a responsibility to help him too . Jason has broad shoulders so name calling and verbal abuse won't have a impact on him. If people don't want to go and watch the meeting he's in then away meetings are hardly affected because it's once or twice a season and home team ( whoever that might be) meetings would only affect the individuals who choose not to go which I doubt would be that many in the great scheme of things. Speedway is far from a mass spectator sport so no difference to people not going anyway for reasons like watching on streaming or being on holiday etc. There's also the hypocritical people who give it the " I'm not going" attitude and still go!! I've known people like this over the years. 

Edited by ONTWOMINUTES
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ch958 said:

bordering on hysterical

I forgive you for such a pointless post :D

• Like 1

I think there are a few spares vans hoping he gets signed sooner rather than later and eagerly await his arrival at track......

16 hours ago, iris123 said:

Not sure what that tells us

Apparently Fred West was a very likeable person. Charles Manson obviously had a magnetic personality that enabled him to attract and manipulate people. The criminal world is full of such people. And the world is full of charming people who manage to manipulate and rob the elderly.....

And there is one problem with speedway. It has a large elderly fan base. Would it really be acceptable to have him in the spotlght and expect older generations to pay out money to watch him ? How would it come over if you expected a large amount of females to pay to watch entertainment from a wife beater or rapist at the extreme ?

The sport which has the most offers and offers them continuing employment is football.

Yet every week people pay to watch rapists, drug cheats, wife beaters who steal a living through the sport.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I think there are a few spares vans hoping he gets signed sooner rather than later and eagerly await his arrival at track......

Was Jason a good 'spares van' customer then? :unsure:

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ONTWOMINUTES said:

I'm sure Jason is aware of the consequences of making a public return and whatever team he rides for will remind him of this,but at the same time have a responsibility to help him too . Jason has broad shoulders so name calling and verbal abuse won't have a impact on him. If people don't want to go and watch the meeting he's in then away meetings are hardly affected because it's once or twice a season and home team ( whoever that might be) meetings would only affect the individuals who choose not to go which I doubt would be that many in the great scheme of things. Speedway is far from a mass spectator sport so no difference to people not going anyway for reasons like watching on streaming or being on holiday etc. There's also the hypothetical people who give it the " I'm not going" attitude and still go!! I've known people like this over the years. 

I'll give you £1 for every hypothetical person that physically attends a speedway meeting.

Edited by Bojangles
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Ray Stadia said:

Was Jason a good 'spares van' customer then? :unsure:

He had probably the greatest deal ever, for him anyway, he got the parts but whether he paid for them could is another story.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, iainb said:

I have read your post and you don't come across as a very forgiving person. The difference with paedo's becoming teachers is the small matter of the law of the land forbidding it, it's not a matter of opinion. It is not law that burglars can't become speedway riders... or anything else for that matter the only thing he has forfeited is his liberty for a few years and his reputation. 

There are many people that have turned their lives around and gone on to become inspirational "heroes"... Ant Middleton served time and now does motivational speaking tours. 

You judge me wrongly.  I care very strongly for the disabled individual he assaulted and put the fear of god into and basically ruined the final few years of their life.

You do realise he didnt just burgle the house?

Its also very telling the tone of your response to Fishersgate when you admit you wouldnt touch him with a bargepole compared to your rather aggressive responses towards me when I am saying the same thing.  I wonder why?