British Speedway Forum
noaksey

Kings Lynn v Wolves 27/5

wasn't there but looking at updates there seems to be "giving up" when at the back from riders .. something i hate within speedway is not racing for 4 laps if you are able, shortchanging supporters, and what happens if someone packs up at the end of a race? possible wasted points

• Like 3

Humiliation for Kings Lynn, nothing else.

• Like 1

Looks like Buster needs to step back in as those he has put in charge are damaging his business.  Surely he can’t allow them to carry on sinking the ship.   Unless he has lost interest 

Edited by semion

Looked a fairly big crowd from the pictures but can’t see them coming back after much more of that 

47 minutes ago, Col said:

Did you expect that septet to be competitive when announced compared to the others?

I didn’t expect them to lose at home by nearly thirty, or for Cook to score three! But it always looked like a 6th place side.

I’d persevere with Bridger, he’s been out long enough to be given more time but Proctor and Kinsley should never have been signed really. No idea who would find in for them but there must be better options. There is very little time to waste on a twenty meeting season. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I didn’t expect them to lose at home by nearly thirty, or for Cook to score three! But it always looked like a 6th place side.

I’d persevere with Bridger, he’s been out long enough to be given more time but Proctor and Kinsley should never have been signed really. No idea who would find in for them but there must be better options. There is very little time to waste on a twenty meeting season. 

Richard lawson Eddie kennett surely both better options than proctor you’d imagine, to essentially only score 17 points at home is pretty damn poor early season or not

• Like 1

Just now, 89buttons said:

Richard lawson Eddie kennett surely both better options than proctor you’d imagine, to essentially only score 17 points at home is pretty damn poor early season or not

Kennett is rubbish at Lynn. Puts very little effort in as he obviously doesn’t like the shape or surface there. 

1 minute ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Kennett is rubbish at Lynn. Puts very little effort in as he obviously doesn’t like the shape or surface there. 

Fair enough just two riders I could initially think of that don’t have top flight spots currently and imo are both a fair bit better than proctor - kennett has always been a very hot and cold rider in fairness tho

Wolves looked sharp. Not the away team and their first meeting. Cookie had bike probs. I think Ty is a reserve in this league. The track was way slicker than when i last went 2019. I heard Buster talking to  Dale about race times ??.Crowd i'd say 1300 ish. Lewis looked dangerous when at the back.In the race he trapped looked good. Might be trying to hard.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Utterly abject and woeful.

There is no defending that even by the happiest of happy clappers.

Awful from start to finish. Like last week, so slow from the tapes and worst of all just giving up when at the back. Cook the worst of all. The worst performance I’ve ever seen by a No 1 ever.

Proctor never looked like beating an opponent and is surely on borrowed time. Seen nothing to suggest there is any improvement to come.

Kerr, Riss & Jorgensen all had their moments but again trailed miles off the back at times. Riss finished a whole straight behind the Wolves pair in one race. 

Bridger all over the place until his final ride. Looked a danger to himself and everyone else as so out of control.

Will spare Ryan from any criticism because he did his bit and it’s not his fault he’s been chucked in over his head.

Wolves won’t have any easier meeting all season until we visit Monmore. Thought we might catch them cold but they never had to break sweat. Broc Nicol was excellent.

Totally regret buying tickets for the Peterborough away meeting. 

• Thanks 1

Great result for Wolves ... their 2 USA riders seem to have hit the fround running and seem great prospects.

Never liked seeing riders "give up" when at the back ... especially the home riders. The TM needs to have some short sharp words to stop that straightaway.