British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne v Glasgow CL 4/7/21

Told you it was gonna be a cracker :-).

That's 3 out of 4 home meetings that have produced last heat deciders.

Another point on the board but you're kidding yourself on if its not a concern the way we tail off at the latter end of meetings. 58-32 i make the aggregate score from ht11 onwards in our last 3 away meetings :blink:.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gazzac said:

Seems to be a regular thing for a lot of teams away at the moment, Eastie normally do the same away. Think a fair bit is the wet June weather, seems to catch the home team out more at the start of a meeting as its alien to the norm for them, taking half the meeting to get the track back for the home team to feel comfortable, then being able to bang in the points late on.

That is exactly, what happened at Redcar, to Eastbourne's benefit. Redcar riders, pretty much, set up as the track is normally and on a greasy heavy surface, they got murdered out of the gate. It did not help, trying to ride normal lines, on the greasy surface. By the time you adjust, to the different conditions, the match could have gone. It often helps the away side, because they come with no pre conceived ideas about the track and take it at face value.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, screm said:

Should we be a bit more streetwise and try to ensure no opportunity for the tacky sub? 

I haven't crunched the numbers and clearly it's risky. 

We're no strangers to manipulation, is this showing our manager's lack of experience?

Hindsight is 20/20 of course, but if we'd swapped Justin for Connor in 8 and targeted a 3-3.

Edited by Joseq7

3 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

I dont think ive ever seen 2 sides ride so badly , for 10 races eastbourne bar newman and brennan were atrocious , the last few glasgow bar ulrich fell to bits, another 3 races eastbourne would have pulled away. Piddled down right on start time but glasgow just beat eastbourne like a drum out the starts and it wasnt easy to make ground. Lawson was  superb late on and brennan kyboshed sedgeman in 14 leaving a jcb type space for kemp. Ht 15 cook pushed lawson up the bank

and ully took the brunt, meanwhile brennan hit the grip right on inner of turn 2 and went past both tigers like they had punctures. 
Kennett is woefully out of form, wells and sedgeman started brightly for glasgow but folded tamely. Glasgow deserved a point tho.
Track wasnt bad considering , im not sure either side are league winners mind

Agree wholeheartedly. 

Well done to the Glasgow fans that did travel. Made themselves heard, well, until Ht10 onwards that is!

Do Covid rules not apply to the Scottish folk? Cammi hugging referee Christina Turnbull, neither had a mask on. Those fans on turn1, 8-10 of them...NONE wore masks throughout, despite regular announcements saying otherwise. Downright disrespectful to everyone else. They cant all have immunity, surely?

Really enjoyed watching Tom Brennan. His Ht15 effort to keep Ostergaard behind him was superb. Easily Man of the Match, if only for that.

NIghtmare journey getting there, 3hrs 30 mins, bloody roadworks. Going home?...2hrs 15 mins, as expected.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, BobC said:

Do Covid rules not apply to the Scottish folk? Cammi hugging referee Christina Turnbull, neither had a mask on. Those fans on turn1, 8-10 of them...NONE wore masks throughout, despite regular announcements saying otherwise. Downright disrespectful to everyone else. They cant all have immunity, surely?

I could say that neither the team manager nor Mrs team manager nor the owner wear a mask when they are wandering about and fraternising at Ashfield despite the MC consistently insisting that we should, but my conclusion now is that some will and some won't, and those who don't will never understand why we who do will.

Edited by Joseq7
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, BobC said:

Just heard a news snippet this morning that one of the very worse areas for COVID  in Europe is Scotland. Says a lot, and probably Glasgow is one of the worse areas in Scotland.

9 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Just heard a news snippet this morning that one of the very worse areas for COVID  in Europe is Scotland. Says a lot, and probably Glasgow is one of the worse areas in Scotland.

Nicola is blaming England for starting COVID in UK though;):P

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Nicola is blaming England for starting COVID in UK though;):P

But her citizens are proving more irresponsible, thus spreading it.

1 minute ago, OveFundinFan said:

That’s a bit harsh the majority are adhering to the rules.

You will always get a minority who won’t all over the Uk.

6 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

So a few Glasgow supporters don't wear masks and the whole of Scotland is irresponsible

You don't have to wear masks in the stadium at Sheffield, and it hasn't caused any problem at all

9 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

So a few Glasgow supporters don't wear masks and the whole of Scotland is irresponsible

You don't have to wear masks in the stadium at Sheffield, and it hasn't caused any problem at all

I not mentioned Glasgow speedway at all. I mentioned Scotland as a whole, and said probably Glasgow is one of the worst areas in Scotland, and actually it is.

11 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Totally irrelevant.

It is a condition of allowing speedway to operate .It says it all over the ticket booking requirements. Its made clear on entry too.

I agree, I dont think its necessary in an open environment. If its the difference in being allowed to operate or not, then surely its a no brainer to comply?

The 'Im alright Jack' scenario doesnt cut it for me at all.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Gazc said:

That’s a bit harsh the majority are adhering to the rules.

You will always get a minority who won’t all over the Uk.

I wouldn't bother even getting involved in this nonsense bruv