British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JanAndersen

Leicester vs Edinburgh 07/08/21

1 minute ago, iainb said:

Seems like every club needs one as part of their management team now!

you'll be reassured to know that despite speedway being off and not able to watch Brummies tonight at Eastbourne I am down in Sussex visiting relatives as planned; and it is raining the proverbial cats and dogs and stair-rods....

A proper English summer day rain rain and more rain..time for a day of relaxation..:drink:

2 minutes ago, HGould said:

you'll be reassured to know that despite speedway being off and not able to watch Brummies tonight at Eastbourne I am down in Sussex visiting relatives as planned; and it is raining the proverbial cats and dogs and stair-rods....

A proper English summer day rain rain and more rain..time for a day of relaxation..:drink:

Have a good one... let me know what it's like at 7pm :t:

The match being called off has nothing to do with Leicester City v Man City in the Charity Shield being on tv or the Speedway GP being on tv then!

• Haha 1

I remember a long time ago standing outside in a rain shower and a Speedway Meeting broke out. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, justathought said:

The opposition has a long way to travel.

Always makes me laugh . I would imagine 1 poss 2 riders actually live anywhere near Edinburgh.. 

The supporters presumably live a little nearer!

20 hours ago, Lenny Lion said:

This meeting will be off . Since Glyn Failure messed up the track drainage Leicester notoriously floods now. 
With the amount of rain fell already & due to fall overnight there is no chance of this meeting being on.  

It's certainly true that,  initially, the track had a reputation for drying out quickly after heavy rain. I don't know if Glyn's attempts to alter the track shape to improve the racing interfered with the drainage.

16 hours ago, iainb said:

To be fair we had biblical rain last Friday yet we had the race of the century the next day on the Saturday... preceeded by a load of crap admittedly 

Last Friday I spent hours taking water off the track, 90 thousands ltrs approximately,  then 3 people worked that track for hours and hours,  last week they were lucky, no rain after the work had been done, this week its forecast heavy rain later in the day,  so it's a big risk, 

1 hour ago, Happy Hunter said:

The supporters presumably live a little nearer!

Indeed. However, the post I refer to said "The opposition has a long way to travel."  To the best of my knowledge, fans don't actually make up the opposition. 

3 hours ago, justathought said:

The opposition has a long way to travel.

Always makes me laugh . I would imagine 1 poss 2 riders actually live anywhere near Edinburgh.. 

So do one poss two supporters actually live anywhere near edinburgh.that wouldn't make me laugh...!

1 hour ago, Moranboys said:

So do one poss two supporters actually live anywhere near edinburgh.that wouldn't make me laugh...!

I take it you will not welcome us to Sheffield on Thursday.  Thankfully we have good friends down there who I'm sure will be happy to see us.

1 hour ago, justathought said:

Indeed. However, the post I refer to said "The opposition has a long way to travel."  To the best of my knowledge, fans don't actually make up the opposition. 

Sorry if I misunderstood you but I take the opposition to mean fans, riders and hangers on and management!

55 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Sorry if I misunderstood you but I take the opposition to mean fans, riders and hangers on and management!

I take your point. It was just an observation on my part that's all.

Shame it's off tonight looked like being a decent tussle   

55 minutes ago, justathought said:

I take your point. It was just an observation on my part that's all.

Shame it's off tonight looked like being a decent tussle   

I agree. I'm about 4 miles from Beaumont Leys and it's raining now. 

8 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

I agree. I'm about 4 miles from Beaumont Leys and it's raining now. 

I've done wetter farts than this rain

Had a few light showers in south Leicestershire but nothing major, sun is currently shining.