British Speedway Forum
TotallyHonestJohn

Newcastle v Glasgow (Champ) 15/08/21 1830 hours

35 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

But this season is a learning curve for Archie in preparation (hopefully) for next season. Were not going to do anything this year so what's the point in NOT giving Arvhue the experience and track time. Plenty of better options yes (Luke Ruddick or Ryan Kinsley seems the best ones) but why? Two rising stars next year remember, so Archue should be one of them, and he will have learned a lot by then hopefully from his half season this year :D

On another note, meeting of the season so far tonight!! Every single race was exciting and I dont remember a meeting like that for years.

Shame the crowd was so small... no one got to see how entertaining we were. Especially Adam, Max, Connor and Ben

Well done Archue for being so on the pace.

As for next week, parent Jake Mulford and Dan Gilkes both in the under 19s too? So Kent will be missing noth reserves and well ve missing one... all 3 are 1 star reserves too, so we need to act quick in getting the best one available before Kent do... Jordan Palin and Jenkins are presumably in under 19s also? Who else is available at 1 star. Greg Blair maybe?

Greg Blair is a 2*

59 minutes ago, Midget said:

What has happened to craig cook? Even at this level looks a shaddow of his former self. Be interesting to see if Glasgow retain him next season, certainly nowhere near the best rider in the league anymore 

Glasgow signed Cook when he was at his peak or arguably on his way down. He was never going to improve his average or level of performance. Glasgow need to rethink their model - they need to find riders with potential. A Kai Thomson for example. 

A big well done to the diamonds did not see this result coming,, bringing the millionaires down to earth, hopefully another year the Tigger's don't win anything, can imagine camie knickers thinking of his excuse while driving home 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JanAndersen said:

Glasgow signed Cook when he was at his peak or arguably on his way down. He was never going to improve his average or level of performance. Glasgow need to rethink their model - they need to find riders with potential. A Kai Thomson for example. 

For every Kye Thomson there are 15 Willie Lawsons'. Luck plays a huge part along with getting them on a low average where they can have limited impact on the team if they are sh1te.

2 minutes ago, MD said:

For every Kye Thomson there are 15 Willie Lawsons'. Luck plays a huge part along with getting them on a low average where they can have limited impact on the team if they are sh1te.

I'd have gone for Mickey dyer or Max ruml but was about to make the same point. 

No bones about it , we were crap tonight . Poole got 61 there two weeks ago and we didn't remotely look like winning tonight . Some serious thinking needs to be done about where we go from here .

14 minutes ago, MD said:

No doubt but Glasgow seem to want to play it safe. Signings like Ricky Wells and Justin Sedgmen aren’t going to get you anywhere really. 

2 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

No doubt but Glasgow seem to want to play it safe. Signings like Ricky Wells and Justin Sedgmen aren’t going to get you anywhere really. 

It would appear so 

That team isn't going to beat Poole or Leicester over 2 legs. Guests doesn't work for me, up until heat 15 even Steve worral was disappointing when he looked perfect choice. Roll the dice make a triple change see what happens. 

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

That team isn't going to beat Poole or Leicester over 2 legs. Guests doesn't work for me, up until heat 15 even Steve worral was disappointing when he looked perfect choice. Roll the dice make a triple change see what happens. 

Worrall looks to have saved you from a hammering no? I think you need to be looking to your no.1 - he shouldn’t be losing a heat in that company. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Worrall looks to have saved you from a hammering no? I think you need to be looking to your no.1 - he shouldn’t be losing a heat in that company. 

7 points from 4 rides? Even Steve Lawson and Shane Parker had off nights

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

Better than seven from five rides. If I was a Glasgow fan I’d be a bit hacked off with Cook’s performances of late. 

4 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Very seldom against that standard of opposition ( no disrespected to the Diamonds,but come on).5 rides

Edited by Fromafar

Just now, JanAndersen said:

Better than seven from five rides. If I was a Glasgow fan I’d be a bit hacked off with Cook’s performances of late. 

Heat leaders that can't best second strings and a reserve can only beat Willie Lawson are more pressing concerns. 

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Very seldom against that standard of opposition ( no disrespected to the Diamonds,but come on).5 rides

Was talking about worrall prior to heat 15. Why was he riding at 3 btw, riding order was a mess, surely Steve at 5, wells 4, Jensen 3 made far more sense?

• Like 2