British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Edinburgh v Plymouth 13/8/21

Rotten luck for Plymouth. Would have probably won if Worrall hadn’t knocked off Bjarne in heat 13 forcing him to withdraw. 

• Haha 1

Very unfortunate for Plymouth tonight but a bit puzzled why Keleher goes in  15 and not Ruml? And perhaps if they'd had left Flint out of 14 and kept him for 15 instead? I guess it's easier from a distance though but fair play to Plymouth tonight 

Put Edwards in 13 guaranteed 2 points and save Leon for 14 would've been my choice but Garry May knows a lot more than me

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Rotten luck for Plymouth. Would have probably won if Worrall hadn’t knocked off Bjarne in heat 13 forcing him to withdraw. 

Don't think so. If the accident hadn't have happened Monarchs would've gone into the final heat 2 points up and I think Sam & Josh would have got at least a 3-3 against Bjarne & Jason (or possibly Bjarne & Leon).

But a very impressive performance from Plymouth who gave a very good account of themselves. Ruml, Keleher & Cook all did well on their first Armadale appearance. For the home side the Thomson/Pickering pairing got them out of jail.

Great to see Crumpie roll back the years and he gave a great interview talking about bringing on the next generation of riders and reminiscing about riding at Powderhall back in the day.

Hope no lasting damage for Bjarne or Richie.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looks like we were a little lucky but you’ve got to be now and again. Plymouth must be a bit disappointed only taking a point though. 

Plymouth thoroughly deserved to take something from this meeting.

leon Flint a superb guest, take a bow young man.

Bit of a ropey performance from Edinburgh. 

Again showed how long a tail we have.

Great to see a good number of Plymouth fans and some Tigers fans too.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Really !

Clearly you were not there, Bjarne locked up in front of Richie who was committed to going round him and had nowhere to go, taking both into the fence. 
Good to see the Gladiator fans on tour, they deserved something from the meeting, and supported their team with fervour. 
Flint a brilliant guest, and a great meeting from two small track teams. 
Heat 14 the standout, with Pickerings overtake of Keleher round the outside of bend 4 sublime, with Greaves going under Flint on the next bend turning the match in our favour. 
Think Sam must have been on Wullies spare for his first 3 rides….snails pace from the traps. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

From my vantage point it looked like Bjarne locked up and Worrall had nowhere to go. 

Well done Plymouth on getting the point and it could have been more. Great to see a few fans making the trip and one of them won the 50/50 draw.....so hopefully drinks on them tonight. Good luck at Berwick tomorrow and for the rest of the season.

Also thanks for being great hosts when I was down at Plymouth a couple of weeks ago. Lovely set up and great fans.

• Like 4

Loved seeing Plymouth at Armadale last night and I have read so many good things about the club in recent times. It was certainly a close match, going right to the final heat. My only objection, which is really nothing to do with Plymouth, relates to the Rising Stars. How can it be acceptable for any club to use a so called "Rising Star"  with an average much higher than the one he is replacing? Surely the people who introduced this ridiculous policy do not support a rising star replacing another rising star when the average points difference can be as much as around 5 points. I believe that the "rising stars will find a team place if they are good enough without teams being forced to use someone from a list. 

Sorry for sounding off but once again best wishes to all for the work and progress being made in Plymouth

4 minutes ago, Justsaying said:

Loved seeing Plymouth at Armadale last night and I have read so many good things about the club in recent times. It was certainly a close match, going right to the final heat. My only objection, which is really nothing to do with Plymouth, relates to the Rising Stars. How can it be acceptable for any club to use a so called "Rising Star"  with an average much higher than the one he is replacing? Surely the people who introduced this ridiculous policy do not support a rising star replacing another rising star when the average points difference can be as much as around 5 points. I believe that the "rising stars will find a team place if they are good enough without teams being forced to use someone from a list. 

Sorry for sounding off but once again best wishes to all for the work and progress being made in Plymouth

Rising Stars don’t have averages just grades.That’s the way Speedway is I’m afraid,just invent new rules then realise Oops.:rolleyes:

Flint guesting was the big difference as he racked up paid 13 had bowtell been riding I doubt he would’ve got anywhere near it. 
disappointing night for the skipper as he had machine issues all night. Kye the most impressive of the lot for me tonight. 
Wasn’t our best performance but a win is a win.

Edited by Mr Blobby

On 8/13/2021 at 9:33 PM, hagonshocker said:

Very unfortunate for Plymouth tonight but a bit puzzled why Keleher goes in  15 and not Ruml? And perhaps if they'd had left Flint out of 14 and kept him for 15 instead? I guess it's easier from a distance though but fair play to Plymouth tonight 

Flint did not qualify as high scorer as Garry May kept swapping reserves about. Only his programmed ride counted with his score being 5.