British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I think he can have a legitimate complaint because the reason for sanctions against anyone competing at IoW or another non-BSPA track are 'not in the interests of speedway' but about being in the cartel or not.  It is not really much different to Poland restricting their riders competing in leagues overseas but the difference here is that it's all speedway in Britain and the promotion and benefit the IoW brings to that surely has to be recognised.

Surely the BSPL(A) don't "own" Speedway? What about the SCB or ACU, surely it would only them that can hand out bans? Who holds the riders licences? Do IOW run under the auspices of the SCB or ACU does anybody know?

Thought this was the thread for the British Final 2021, the thread is being side tracked by recent posts, bit like one of Ronnie Corbett's stories! :rofl::rofl:

19 minutes ago, mikebv said:

The issue you have now though is that the more tracks you have the harder it would be to find enough riders...............

Those who run the sport certainly like painting themselves into corners dont they?.

How do they get out of it?

Who knows...

How about the riders riding under an alias in the other league: 

So for PL Wolves and the other CL teams:

Sam Masters = Dan Plasters

Broc Nicol = Don Pickle

Rory Schlein = Rick Stein

Luke Becker = Duke Pecker

Nick Morris = Dick Wallace

Ryan Douglas = Bryan Mugless

Leon Flint = Don Skint.

So team integrity and street credibility restored.... simple :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, Maddas69 said:

Which channel is broadcasting this, at what time?

EuroSport2 from 7-15

What a great bunch the BSPL are, lead by a great Chairman.:blink:

33 minutes ago, mikebv said:

The issue you have now though is that the more tracks you have the harder it would be to find enough riders..

The campaign to get Rye House back is laudable, and Buxton coming back could possibly work. Then you have Oxford and the strides being taken there to resurrect the sport.. 

Bottom line is, should all three come back, (and the IOW potentially too), where would  those 28 riders needed come from?

And as for the 2nd Tier?

It's the same virtually as the top tier due to the riders needing to ride as much as they do, therefore you cant dilute the 2nd tier to make it cheaper for teams to run in that league as 90% of all riders have to compete (by necessity) in both top leagues..

Those who run the sport certainly like painting themselves into corners dont they?.

How do they get out of it?

Who knows...

My view is if the riders cannot make one league pay, then they get another job as well if they want to continue riding.  This happened routinely in the past. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm in the posh seats at Belle Vue tonight :t:

Only the best for the PirateShip :t:

Edited by PirateShip

8 minutes ago, Lefty said:

How about the riders riding under an alias in the other league: 

So for PL Wolves and the other CL teams:

Sam Masters = Dan Plasters

Broc Nicol = Don Pickle

Rory Schlein = Rick Stein

Luke Becker = Duke Pecker

Nick Morris = Dick Wallace

Ryan Douglas = Bryan Mugless

Leon Flint = Don Skint.

So team integrity and street credibility restored.... simple :rolleyes:

Ryan Douglas.... Lugless Douglas 

Nick Morris...... Morris Minor 

Danny King..... Don King 

Rory Schlein...... Out Back 

Scott Nicholls..... Whoops Scotty 

Ben Cook..... Head Chef 

Ben Basso...... Brasso 

26 minutes ago, iainb said:

Surely the BSPL(A) don't "own" Speedway? What about the SCB or ACU, surely it would only them that can hand out bans? Who holds the riders licences? Do IOW run under the auspices of the SCB or ACU does anybody know?

i think possibly it's the SCB that's revoked permission, who stands on the SCB board these days?

5 hours ago, therefused said:

anywhere i can put a bet on this?

Bet 365,some tempting odds but win only.

Rob Godfrey, shudnt he be with Dad's Army at Peterborough! :rofl:

Mind u Godfrey thinks sticking a plaster, as his character played, on things will cure speedway's ills! :rofl:

I've gone off the British Final now like the rest of u. 

Maybe I shud stay in my room instead now! :rofl:

14 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

My view is if the riders cannot make one league pay, then they get another job as well if they want to continue riding.  This happened routinely in the past. 

agree 100%,ruining the sport to  give Harris & Co a decent living because they whinge they can’t make it pay with 1 league.Just call their bluff,it won’t do the sport any harm.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, PirateShip said:

Thought this was the thread for the British Final 2021, the thread is being side tracked by recent posts, bit like one of Ronnie Corbett's stories! :rofl::rofl:

Yes, well said. The IOW topic and Connor Coles is getting a tad boring now. It seems folk are just looking for something to moan about, as usual! 

Back to the British Final, come on Dan!