British Speedway Forum
Najjer

Polish Extraleague Signings 2022

Can anyone (R&R?) throw light on the rumour that is rife on the Belle Vue Premiership thread that Poland have relaxed their 'max 2 leagues only' rule for riders, in return for being allowed to race on any night with priority on rider use?

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Can anyone (R&R?) throw light on the rumour that is rife on the Belle Vue Premiership thread that Poland have relaxed their 'max 2 leagues only' rule for riders, in return for being allowed to race on any night with priority on rider use?

They didn't. The discussions elsewhere are NONSENSE. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stewmac said:

They didn't. The discussions elsewhere are NONSENSE. 

I see BSPL have put out an official statement now.

• Like 1

Russian's are banned from competing.

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Although highly likely, this is currently speculative and not yet officially confirmed. So far, Lublin have jettisoned Grisha Laguta and Mark Karion, meanwhile Leszno have cut ties with two young Russians and Częstochowa have terminated Maksim Sirotkin's contract. 

Edited by stewmac

2 hours ago, TTT said:

I am sure Putin will be devastated.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2022 at 6:50 PM, eric i said:

I am sure Putin will be devastated.

Don’t know about Putin but I can think of a couple of extraleague clubs that will be.

Maybe Greg Hancock could make a return and ride for Wroclaw?

Cant be too many other options I would think of the desired level...

4 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Maybe Greg Hancock could make a return and ride for Wroclaw?

Cant be too many other options I would think of the desired level...

I would imagine the teams affected will be allowed ZZ(RR) if in the top 3 of the teams averages

https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/988930/pge-ekstraliga-szykuje-zmiany-w-regulaminie-kluby-beda-mogly-skorzystac-ze-swoic

Much depends on the proposals of the clubs themselves, but at this point it is most likely that weakened teams will be able to borrow guests from lower leagues and use them interchangeably with a replacement player. This, in turn, would mean that the power of the teams would not be much smaller than a few weeks ago, and would additionally protect individual clubs in the event of injuries of the leading players.

Among the speedway riders who could soon join the PGE Ekstraliga clubs are Max Fricke , Matej Zagar , Kenneth Bjerre , Adrian Miedziński . Interestingly, it can happen that each of these players will return to the club where they played not so long ago and know not only the track, but also the entire team.

On 3/5/2022 at 8:47 PM, racers and royals said:

I would imagine the teams affected will be allowed ZZ(RR) if in the top 3 of the teams averages

The situation is pretty rubbish but there is no way they should be allowed to use RR. 

It’s the sort of thing that gets laughed about in British Speedway and shouldn’t be allowed to use RR for a banned rider at the start of a season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Najjer said:

The situation is pretty rubbish but there is no way they should be allowed to use RR. 

It’s the sort of thing that gets laughed about in British Speedway and shouldn’t be allowed to use RR for a banned rider at the start of a season.

So guests from another team(different league ) is more acceptable to you ??

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

If its the choice of that, R/R or God forbid guests from the same league then that's absolutely the most acceptable IMO.

3 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Riders from the league below is a much more plausible idea to start the season with in my view, yes. Either that or run with their existing squads they have in place or sign up any other free agents.