British Speedway Forum
eide67

Edinburgh v Poole 27/8/21 7.30pm

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Edinburgh have a very good top 3, backed up by an improving Thomson. Their issue is they have very poor reserves and number 2. So they are stuck. If a reserve replaces the number 2, it makes them no stronger. They are forever relying on their heat leaders winning to keep them in it, then try to win the meeting in the last 3 heats. This has worked until they meet another team with strong top 3. And who have much better second strings and reserves.

Hume tonight showed superb aggression and a fighting spirit which the Edinburgh riders could not get close to. On his first visit. And to think he has been desperate for a team berth for a couple of years with no one prepared to give him a chance until this year. The Jack Smiths, Cleggs, Lawsons always getting the nod in front of him. He is still learning and has loads of improvement in him. Well spotted Matt Ford.

Hume had no Champ team in 2020, he's the one rider who has gained from the "rising star" rule! It's a shame that it took a rule that "forced" Poole into signing a promising Brit over an Aussie for him to get a team spot!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Hume had no Champ team in 2020, he's the one rider who has gained from the "rising star" rule! It's a shame that it took a rule that "forced" Poole into signing a promising Brit over an Aussie for him to get a team spot!

I think  Szko the authorities again did Danyon no favours, his average from his first spell with Ipswich was quite high and they refused to lower it.That cost him and endless lesser riders ( ie) Smith ( ect) got chances and it must of been so frustrating for the lad.This Poole side has real strength in depth and for me they are at times covering for the heat leaders.That seems a strange comment as they have all scored heavily at times  i think Poole will win the league but if they don’t i recon it will be because of the heat leaders.

• Like 1

Poole look like champions elect to me with only Leicester able to stop them unless one of the Scottish sides can really strengthen up.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Poole look like champions elect to me with only Leicester able to stop them unless one of the Scottish sides can really strengthen up.

The lunatics took over the asylum on the updates site last night , apparently we are signing Dudek at 5k per meeting for just turning up.

We’re do you even start with that one , more worryingly someone actually posted that and the rest of the mentalists actually believed it.

Comedy gold at it’s finest.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

But we beat them home and away. I think Redcar would be tougher for us.

12 hours ago, Endeavour said:

Beaten fair and square tonight.

Don’t think Richie or Nick would have made any difference. No excuses.

Will take a very good team to beat Poole in the play offs.

Their reserves were excellent.

Great interview with the Roo Boy and nice to see him come round at end to acknowledge the home support.

Agree with all of that. You're very lucky if you could hear Rory's interview. Sadly, the tannoy didn't seem to be giving 100% in our section. We even managed to miss the announcement that young Hume was replacing Stefan Neilsen.

Given my comments earlier on this thread, I should say Masters was decent. Not before time. There were a couple of blips though. Yet another episode of Sleepy Sam. This week's beneficiary was the good twin. We also had an episode of Fireman Sam, although his hose wasn’t quite long enough to reel in Daniel King. Those two slips put paid to his chances of emulating the great Barry Campbell.

The bottom 3 tried but were completely outclassed by their counterparts in a team which has been built properly. Special mention to Danyon Hume. Very impressive.

Not the best of meetings for unKempt, although he did improve as the night went on. If he's available, I would still definitely attempt to sign him. Severely doubt he would say yes but no harm in asking.

As a team, we've now scored 40 (twice), 41, 42, 43, 44, 46 and 47 in our last 8 meetings. Nowhere near good enough, especially considering half of them were at home. We haven't scored 50 since 16 July. Now I'm a patient chap, and I'm well aware that winning every meeting 46-44 would still deliver trophies but the current formula just isn't working.

Chop chop...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, King Jamie said:

Agree with all of that. You're very lucky if you could hear Rory's interview. Sadly, the tannoy didn't seem to be giving 100% in our section. We even managed to miss the announcement that young Hume was replacing Stefan Neilsen.

Given my comments earlier on this thread, I should say Masters was decent. Not before time. There were a couple of blips though. Yet another episode of Sleepy Sam. This week's beneficiary was the good twin. We also had an episode of Fireman Sam, although his hose wasn’t quite long enough to reel in Daniel King. Those two slips put paid to his chances of emulating the great Barry Campbell.

The bottom 3 tried but were completely outclassed by their counterparts in a team which has been built properly. Special mention to Danyon Hume. Very impressive.

Not the best of meetings for unKempt, although he did improve as the night went on. If he's available, I would still definitely attempt to sign him. Severely doubt he would say yes but no harm in asking.

As a team, we've now scored 40 (twice), 41, 42, 43, 44, 46 and 47 in our last 8 meetings. Nowhere near good enough, especially considering half of them were at home. We haven't scored 50 since 16 July. Now I'm a patient chap, and I'm well aware that winning every meeting 46-44 would still deliver trophies but the current formula just isn't working.

Chop chop...

Great shout that ,things not going great for Drew but he will come good he would be a good signing.

1 minute ago, Sidney the robin said:

Great shout that ,things not going great for Drew but he will come good he would be a good signing.

Can he replace Luke Crang? Can’t remember if Drew was a rising star.

Any updates on Willie Lawson’s position in the team?

3 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Prostrate.

3 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

I don’t know sure he could ? Lawson is finding it mighty tough in the top five.

4 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

I think  Szko the authorities again did Danyon no favours, his average from his first spell with Ipswich was quite high and they refused to lower it.That cost him and endless lesser riders ( ie) Smith ( ect) got chances and it must of been so frustrating for the lad.This Poole side has real strength in depth and for me they are at times covering for the heat leaders.That seems a strange comment as they have all scored heavily at times  i think Poole will win the league but if they don’t i recon it will be because of the heat leaders.

Having just seen the new September 1 averages, both Rory and Steve have increased theirs with (surprisingly) Danny dropping slightly!

Assuming the new averages are correct (you're never 100% sure with BSPl!) then Poole should retain their same 1-7 riding order for September, which I confess surprises me slightly, unless Middlo reckons Worrall and King switch 3 & 5? BUT if it ain't broke, why change it?

Edited by Skidder1

56 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Finished.

21 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Having just seen the new September 1 averages, both Rory and Steve have increased theirs with (surprisingly) Danny dropping slightly!

Assuming the new averages are correct (you're never 100% sure with BSPl!) then Poole should retain their same 1-7 riding order for September, which I confess surprises me slightly, unless Middlo reckons Worrall and King switch 3 & 5? BUT if it ain't broke, why change it?

Why change it no reason to Skidder the heatleaders are all riders i like Worrall especially sometimes he throws a duff one in but he has been class.Look at the Redcar/ Edinburgh away encounters what riders scored ? quite surprising really .Sorry to be a pain Skidder what are the Poole averages.?