British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow v Leicester - Championship - 6pm - Sunday 19 September 2021

3 hours ago, David said:

No result / time announced as the referee didn't declare it, despite the SGB website showing 3a3 - the fact the starting marshals made a cod of the flags and three riders completed, I won't say raced, five laps, is neither here nor there... Thompson's time was 60.96s

Thompson’s time was never 60.96 sec, IMO.He was getting round OK though.Slowedso as he didn’t lap Cook as he had no idea the rest had through in the towel.Farcical.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes, it seems it doesn't take a lot for Leicester to call their meetings off!

Well seems Hans was 'fuming' last night. His words. Apparently his point of view was being rejected as he was not happy with them doing H1 or attempting to. 

Seemingly Hans was wanting to put the bikes in the van before any track work was started.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes, it seems it doesn't take a lot for Leicester to call their meetings off!

Well seems Hans was 'fuming' last night. His words. Apparently his point of view was being rejected as he was not happy with them doing H1 or attempting to. 

He obviously has a short memory. I can remember him testing a saturated Poole track prior to a televised SKY meeting a few years ago!

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Seemingly Hans was wanting to put the bikes in the van before any track work was started.

He is likely chief instigator, gaters can be caught on a racers track.

This situation is crying out for the "pools panel" as put forward before on this forum, to be brought in to decide matches. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Thompson’s time was never 60.96 sec, IMO.He was getting round OK though.Slowedso as he didn’t lap Cook as he had no idea the rest had through in the towel.Farcical.

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but the time quoted is correct

Edited by David
spelling

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Does anyone know how it takes to refund an ONLINE tickets purchase,which is said to be automatic.

Up to 28 days……..and my last one almost took that time. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ragdoll64 said:

Up to 28 days……..and my last one almost took that time. 

Just about long enough to forget about it:rolleyes::nono:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Big Al said:

This situation is crying out for the "pools panel" as put forward before on this forum, to be brought in to decide matches. 

Away win :D

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

He should've kept them in the van tonight, track maybe did'nt suit :P.

Checking forecast been try all day today, same tomorrow but steady rain all day Wednesday lol. More chance of Jason garrity riding ashfield on a Sunday than a meeting on Wednesday

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Big Al said:

And how do you think the "pools panel" would have scored the Panthers v Tigers score last night? :D

14 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Does anyone know how it takes to refund an ONLINE tickets purchase,which is said to be automatic.

it was supposed to be 3 working days , but now i see it could be 28 days . 

why oh why will it take that long when all they have to do is press a few keys on the on line booking site and press the send button  .

it would be better to put bookings on the return fixture and after the fixture ,see who has not used their pass and then refund them . 

its not as if its 20 days or so before the fixture will take place 

on a brighter note , well done to the Thompson twin who actually rode with guts to do 4 laps 

looks like i will have to pay for another pass for Wednesday and hope its not a bog again .

Edited by jenga
i dont need a reason !