British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow v Leicester - Championship - 6pm - Sunday 19 September 2021

14 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Leicester wont agree to Sunday 26th as Kyle Howarth riding for Sheffield against Kings Lynn 

Not a lot of alternatives if as expected the weather means another call off tomorrow.

15 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Leicester wont agree to Sunday 26th as Kyle Howarth riding for Sheffield against Kings Lynn 

Thought it was Monday and Thursday for PL?

Think Sheffield  can only ride Thursdays at home and as Lynn are at Peterborough this Thursday they are using Sunday to complete there fixtures suppose Howarth could ride for one team and the other use RR

Edited by scoobydoo

8 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Think Sheffield  can only ride Thursdays at home and as Lynn are at Peterborough this Thursday they are using Sunday to complete there fixtures suppose Howarth could ride for one team and the other use RR

Maybe they could run both meetings at the same time, and whatever Kyle scores for one team can be phoned through to the other meeting after every one of his races, and his other team then get his score added to theirs?... ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

21 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Maybe they could run both meetings at the same time, and whatever Kyle scores for one team can be phoned through to the other meeting after every one of his races, and his other team then get his score added to theirs?... ;)

Sounds like a plan. Will he get paid for both meetings though?

53 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Surely its speedway after all

58 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

I actually thought about this at the time I suggested it..

And, for me, if they follow my proposal it's a real win/win...

As Kyle wouldnt need to prepare for two meetings, so less work required, and has less 'wear and tear" on the bikes, no need for new tyres, and less travel expenses, he gets paid 50% for the "other meeting"..

The promoter of the "other meeting" then immediately saves money..

The obvious long term benefit for the sport is that fixture planning will become a doddle...

No need for fixed nights as riders can now actually (hypothetically), be in two places at once...

And in this example, think of the incredible excitement it would generate at Glasgow for all the fans as they wait, hushed, for Kyle's score from Sheffield to come through over the Tannoy (other public address systems are available)...

One set of fans would cheer wildly and the other would groan loudly dependent on his score...

A bit like Eurovision...

"And now we have the scores from Sheffield"...

Admittedly, if they all run meetings at the same time, some meetings may end up with no riders on show whatsoever, and all you would have then is the excitement of the scores coming through, but give me an hour or two and I will have worked on that..

Gold idea this. It really is..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Shock of shocks the meetings off and now 6pm Sunday. You're idea might come to fruition

Edited by Jaizer
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Shock of shocks the meetings off and now 6pm Sunday. You're idea might come to fruition

1 point each and move on...

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

Getting to the stage that this would be the sensible option as if not staged before Sunday both would get no points towards the final standings.

However the forecast is improved for the weekend but as we know this can change , situation with Howarth at Sheffield won't help Leicester R/R for him i imagine unless he decides that the meeting at Glasgow is the more important one ? 

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Getting to the stage that this would be the sensible option as if not staged before Sunday both would get no points towards the final standings.

However the forecast is improved for the weekend but as we know this can change , situation with Howarth at Sheffield won't help Leicester R/R for him i imagine unless he decides that the meeting at Glasgow is the more important one ? 

From a Glasgow perspective, we don't have any real urgency/need to run this meeting before the cut off, as long as we get the Birmingham meeting on Friday, and we get 3pts, then we are secure in second place. The only team that could overtake us is Leicester by beating us at home, that assumes Redcar don't win at Poole tonight. 

11 minutes ago, iainb said:

When gets to the 4th attempt to run it I'm tending to agree

Think Howarth may be told to ride for Sheffield as this meeting was scheduled first but in terms of importance you would expect him to be at Glasgow as Sheffields match has no importance in terms of play offs qualification they maybe prepared to release him to ride for Leicester especially as Sheffield are not riding on a normal premiership night

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

I actually thought about this at the time I suggested it..

And, for me, if they follow my proposal it's a real win/win...

As Kyle wouldnt need to prepare for two meetings, so less work required, and has less 'wear and tear" on the bikes, no need for new tyres, and less travel expenses, he gets paid 50% for the "other meeting"..

The promoter of the "other meeting" then immediately saves money..

The obvious long term benefit for the sport is that fixture planning will become a doddle...

No need for fixed nights as riders can now actually (hypothetically), be in two places at once...

And in this example, think of the incredible excitement it would generate at Glasgow for all the fans as they wait, hushed, for Kyle's score from Sheffield to come through over the Tannoy (other public address systems are available)...

One set of fans would cheer wildly and the other would groan loudly dependent on his score...

A bit like Eurovision...

"And now we have the scores from Sheffield"...

Admittedly, if they all run meetings at the same time, some meetings may end up with no riders on show whatsoever, and all you would have then is the excitement of the scores coming through, but give me an hour or two and I will have worked on that..

Gold idea this. It really is..

They had a test event for that at Glasgow on Sunday,the fans stood for 2 hrs listening to the Score from Newcastle, it could be the future.:P

• Haha 3