British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Flappy

Panthers v King's Lynn Thursday

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Absolutely pathetic from the Stars tonight.I really don't know why I bothered as I said earlier.No fight from the team,no morale,no team spirit.Why do we have a different captain every week this doesn't help things imo.Why should we bother when they don't seem to.

No tac sub,or I didn't see it anyway.No disrespect to Jenkins but why four rides and not 5 for Kasper.

I may have gone over the top a bit but this is how I feel about my club at present.And about the sport in general how rules are allowed to be broken for fun.Either you have a rule book or you don't,simple.

Well done Panthers,tougher fixtures ahead in the play offs .I hope you come through them with flying colours like you did tonight.Hopefully come along to the semi against Wolves,I take it Rob chose them after finishing top tonight;).

I hope I can summon some enthusiasm for next season.But team building doesn't look only 50/50 so far for me.Already one of Allitt's boys signed.

A good clear out wouldn't hurt but a bit like the Canaries people still seem to go to Lynn even if the team is losing every week, doesn't give the promotion a whole lot of incentive to push the boat out on a good team. Jorgensen has been dire since getting his place for 2022, not a good sign. 

43 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Is he still in the country now both of his teams seasons are over,  he was talking of wanting a farewell meeting  and mentioned Poole or BV as the venue no mention of holding it at Peterborough at all

My mate saw him at Brands Hatch with his son a few days ago, so he's definitely still here.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

A good clear out wouldn't hurt but a bit like the Canaries people still seem to go to Lynn even if the team is losing every week, doesn't give the promotion a whole lot of incentive to push the boat out on a good team. Jorgensen has been dire since getting his place for 2022, not a good sign. 

We know it’s Kerr, Lawson and TJ. We don’ t know the points limit yet, or if there will be two R/S riders,although that might be put back a year. I can see Connor back and maybe Kasper,if it’s only 1 R/S rider, so it don’t seem to me there will be major changes. We must have a number 1 to help Richard out, otherwise I can see us struggling at home again next season.First priority is to win your home meetings. Then try and pick up a few points on the road.If we don’t get that number 1 we will be screwed again next season. I  will soon loose interest if our line up is crap again….We deserve a strong team after this seasons shambles.

Edited by Bald Bloke

5 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

We know it’s Kerr, Lawson and TJ. We don’ t know the points limit yet, or if there will be two R/S riders,although that might be put back a year. I can see Connor back and maybe Kasper,if it’s only 1 R/S rider, so it don’t seem to me there will be major changes. We must have a number 1 to help Richard out, otherwise I can see us struggling at home again next season.First priority is to win your home meetings. Then try and pick up a few points on the road.If we don’t get that number 1 we will be screwed again next season. I  will soon loose interest if our line up is crap again….We deserve a strong team after this seasons shambles.

Heard Kerr was going elsewhere last night,but still localish.Whether that is true or not.

Hopefully Connor will be back,just hope Allitt realises he is still eligible to qualify as a rising star.

On Kasper,if they sign him I think he would be another risk with his average.

Peterborough may well have scored 60 points if not for mechanical problems for Harris and Andersen

51 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Heard Kerr was going elsewhere last night,but still localish.Whether that is true or not.

Hopefully Connor will be back,just hope Allitt realises he is still eligible to qualify as a rising star.

On Kasper,if they sign him I think he would be another risk with his average.

Alex Brady has a piece in the SS this week  saying Kerr will be back next season , and the Stars are looking at a rider that’s never ridden in this country and a rider that wants to return to riding here.

9 minutes ago, mrss said:

Alex Brady has a piece in the SS this week  saying Kerr will be back next season , and the Stars are looking at a rider that’s never ridden in this country and a rider that wants to return to riding here.

Fair enough.Who would possibly be the rider returning,Iversen maybe?Unsure whether he would be good enough now.Injuries have most certainly caught up with him in the last couple of years.This has shown with his form.

Kerr would be a much better rider to keep on his average than Jorgensen.Wasn't sure on the rumour last night as I understood Kerr has a decent deal to stay at Lynn with his tie up with Adrian Flux.

1 hour ago, wealdstone said:

Peterborough may well have scored 60 points if not for mechanical problems for Harris and Andersen

Easily

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Fair enough.Who would possibly be the rider returning,Iversen maybe?Unsure whether he would be good enough now.Injuries have most certainly caught up with him in the last couple of years.This has shown with his form.

Kerr would be a much better rider to keep on his average than Jorgensen.Wasn't sure on the rumour last night as I understood Kerr has a decent deal to stay at Lynn with his tie up with Adrian Flux.

Kenneth Bjerre

10 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

How many teams do folks think will run in a 2022 “premiership” assuming it still exists ? Pboro might be a housing estate…. Swindon ? hehe ? 

Peterborough will be running next season that's not in doubt 

19 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Peterborough will be running next season that's not in doubt 

But it's certainly in doubt afterwards. Fans should start organising to fight the developers

10 hours ago, Flappy said:

Jason Crump

If you have a time machine then great. If it's the 2021 version, no thanks. 

1 hour ago, crazyb said:

But it's certainly in doubt afterwards. Fans should start organising to fight the developers

There's talk of the football ground going there now so any development talk is just that at the minute

51 minutes ago, Noodles said:

If you have a time machine then great. If it's the 2021 version, no thanks. 

Would love to see him win a trophy with us tbh it's sentiment only of course