British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2022

2 hours ago, Mimmo said:

My wife and I used to come to Peterborough a lot even though we live the other side of King's Lynn, and that was made possible because she had a Blue Badge, and we could bring the car into the stadium.

Sadly, she died a few weeks ago, so the Blue Badge had to be handed back to the authorities.  But as I'm now very lonely, I thought I will still have some evenings at Peterborough, and did so yesterday.  However, I'm 78-years old. Diabetic which has resulted in me being in severe pain in walking in my legs & feet, not to mention unsteady, and I'm asthmatic, which leaves me out of puff, so with much regret, I will have to discontinue my visits.
The walk from the car park to the grandstand, is about a hundred steps or more to much for me now, and I realise that I'm probably not the only one like that.

So I wish the Panthers all the best for the 2022 season, apart from when you race against King's Lynn..LOL.  Enjoy watching the racing on one of the best circuits in the country, and just wish that I could be there from time to time.

Good Luck to you all. 

Very sorry to hear about your wife Mimmo 

14 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Very sorry to hear about your wife Mimmo 

Thank You.

14 hours ago, Flappy said:

Will depend on Basso 

Spot on imo, Ben is the difference between us finishing in the top 2 or bottom 2 imo.

Sure Ben will be fine, he is good friends with Hans anyway, is he not? I'm sure Hans will help with any advice. Though be better if he doesn't have the pressure on him as he is hard on himself as it is! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mimmo said:

My wife and I used to come to Peterborough a lot even though we live the other side of King's Lynn, and that was made possible because she had a Blue Badge, and we could bring the car into the stadium.

Sadly, she died a few weeks ago, so the Blue Badge had to be handed back to the authorities.  But as I'm now very lonely, I thought I will still have some evenings at Peterborough, and did so yesterday.  However, I'm 78-years old. Diabetic which has resulted in me being in severe pain in walking in my legs & feet, not to mention unsteady, and I'm asthmatic, which leaves me out of puff, so with much regret, I will have to discontinue my visits.
The walk from the car park to the grandstand, is about a hundred steps or more to much for me now, and I realise that I'm probably not the only one like that.

So I wish the Panthers all the best for the 2022 season, apart from when you race against King's Lynn..LOL.  Enjoy watching the racing on one of the best circuits in the country, and just wish that I could be there from time to time.

Good Luck to you all. 

Apply for a blue badge yourself, sounds like you qualify for one. Sorry for your loss...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Flappy said:

Early thoughts were he may be entertaining from time to time but he's erratic and will score several 0,0,0,0

Bloody hell, give the lad a chance. First time on the track, don't think his score was too bad.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, proud panther said:

Bloody hell, give the lad a chance. First time on the track, don't think his score was too bad.

It's not what we need though. We can't afford to wait 

5 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Then don't sign someone who is new to the league! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Seemed ok at Ben Fund. First time he had ridden the track and only a reserve

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Then don't sign someone who is new to the league! :rolleyes:

Oh I agree. 

Riding order looks like 

MPT 

Nicholls 

Ostergaard

Andersen

Harris 

Basso 

Palin 

12 hours ago, Flappy said:

How can you "not afford to wait" to be Champions you only need to finish 4th of 6 teams!

• Like 1

Flappy Flapping already..... 

Chill out! Not even had an official meeting yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Flappy said:

I think he is what you need, he is reserve rider who will score a lot of important points for Peterborough, you can't afford to wait after one meeting at a new track! Who do you think you could of got on his average? 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I think he is what you need, he is reserve rider who will score a lot of important points for Peterborough, you can't afford to wait after one meeting at a new track! Who do you think you could of got on his average? 

Of course I completely get what you mean. My point is more a case of re-signing Ostergaard bon his average has weakened the bottom end. That isn't Basso's fault