British Speedway Forum

When did Lebedevs get the nod for this? Sat in the pits on Max Fricke's bike with zero kit around him!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iainb said:

When did Lebedevs get the nod for this? Sat in the pits on Max Fricke's bike with zero kit around him!

Had a match in Poland yesterday which was postponed late on.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, stevehone said:

Tom Brennan should move up and take all rides

sadly that's not the way SGP normally work

SGP will have designated reserves.

Tom and Leon are just local "Meeting reserves".

SGP will try to get someone there if he's not already there in situ.

1 hour ago, HGould said:

sadly that's not the way SGP normally work

SGP will have designated reserves.

Tom and Leon are just local "Meeting reserves".

SGP will try to get someone there if he's not already there in situ.

I thought once the event started now meeting reserve would be used.

6 minutes ago, Rob B said:

I thought once the event started now meeting reserve would be used.

If Lebedevs is there (without bikes presumably on way) he would take Adams place. He'd be deemed to be signed in for practice.

I'm not sure there is a requirement to actually practice.

If he's not there (Lebedevs), I'm not sure if Brennan would take Adam place or whether Tom and Leon would just split Adam's rides.

Someone with more knowledge will know.

Just now, HGould said:

If Lebedevs is there (without bikes presumably on way) he would take Adams place. He'd be deemed to be signed in for practice.

I'm not sure there is a requirement to actually practice.

If he's not there (Lebedevs), I'm not sure if Brennan would take Adam place or whether Tom and Leon would just split Adam's rides.

Someone with more knowledge will know.

Why would Lebedevs replace Adam when he is already replacing Vaculik in the meeting. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On m5 and just realised the ferral zombie half of brum are playing Cardiff today 12.30pm kick off.

Brilliant planning that from someone. They will be loose in the city and blind drunk at around 3pm...headin for pubs no doubt!

The ferral lot of brum who shame the city v Cardiff who are equally idiotic.

Word of advice, if they approach - ignore, keep stum and head in the other direction!  

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

Why would Lebedevs replace Adam when he is already replacing Vaculik in the meeting. 

good point...thought he was SGP reserve - who is SGP reserve as opposed to local reserve

3 minutes ago, HGould said:

good point...thought he was SGP reserve - who is SGP reserve as opposed to local reserve

SR1. Jack Holder (Australia)
SR2. Dan Bewley (Great Britain)
SR3. Andzejs Lebedevs (Latvia)
SR4. Jakub Miskowiak (Poland)
SR5. Mads Hansen (Denmark)
SR6. Luke Becker (USA)
SR7. David Bellego (France)

Miskowiak is riding tomorrow in SGP 2 so should be around- but not 100% sure what happens at this late stage- normally no chance of a substitute rider being around but in this instance he is.

• Thanks 1

In that case if Ellis is injured I hope he does quarter of a lap in his first ride then pulls out so that Brennan and Flint can have a couple of rides each. If a WC gets injured in the lead up to a GP the hosting country should be able to nominate another one. 

Anyway I hope Adam is OK and can ride.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

SR1. Jack Holder (Australia)
SR2. Dan Bewley (Great Britain)
SR3. Andzejs Lebedevs (Latvia)
SR4. Jakub Miskowiak (Poland)
SR5. Mads Hansen (Denmark)
SR6. Luke Becker (USA)
SR7. David Bellego (France)

Miskowiak is riding tomorrow in SGP 2 so should be around- but not 100% sure what happens at this late stage- normally no chance of a substitute rider being around but in this instance he is.

Although he wouldn’t replace the GB wildcard anyway. Step forward Chris Harris !!!

• Like 1

Hasn’t the meeting officially started at this point, with the practice being yesterday? So the reserves will take Ellis’ rides. It’s a shame either way with such a fuss being made about who should be the WC and thenEllis gets his opportunity only to get hurt. If he rides, he was bound to struggle anyway and yesterday’s fall will only put him even more off the pace. 

I might be speaking out of turn here, But as I see it Adam Ellis was signed prior to practice & received an injury after an on track incident. The result is that he is signed on for the event & can only be replaced by another that is signed on which would be either of the track reserves. I don't think the SGP reserves would be eligable as they are not signed on for the SGP event only SGP2.

I understand that Ellis wants to be in the GP but I don't think it's a good idea to ride with such an injury. I would hope he withdraws if it is a fracture & allow another young Brit the chance of a full 5 rides at Cardiff.

I don't want to see him come out & do half a lap & collapse in pain on the back straight & the reserves share his remaining races or worse that he has another crash & possibly hurts others 

7 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Although he wouldn’t replace the GB wildcard anyway. Step forward Chris Harris !!!

If your not sure god help the rest of us. 

Be interesting to see what happens. 

Bomber would be very popular 

Might be best for Brennan to focus on tomorrow. 

31 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

In that case if Ellis is injured I hope he does quarter of a lap in his first ride then pulls out so that Brennan and Flint can have a couple of rides each. If a WC gets injured in the lead up to a GP the hosting country should be able to nominate another one. 

Anyway I hope Adam is OK and can ride.

That would also make a lot of sense from Adam's sponsors' view. They would at least get some tv publicity.

I'm sure Adam would have a few new sponsors and spent on machinery and equipment upgrades so at least they would get something out of it.

Hope he is fit enough to at least start the meeting.