British Speedway Forum

Looks like the stadium X is heading for a near sell out not many areas left to buy , priced from £31 to £200 for hospitality 

Just out of interest looked at Cardiff hotel prices for 2023, Hilton hotel was one of the cheapest at £560.00 for two nights, no breakfast, some were wanting £1500 for an apartment.

Premier inns sold out in Cardiff, maybe a good job I'm booked to go to Greece that weekend, looks like it's a trip to Poland for half the price of Cardiff 

11 hours ago, Neila said:

Premier inns sold out in Cardiff, maybe a good job I'm booked to go to Greece that weekend, looks like it's a trip to Poland for half the price of Cardiff 

It appears they are just blocking booking for the 1st and 2nd September until they confirm prices.

Just now, bigcatdiary said:

It appears they are just blocking booking for the 1st and 2nd September until they confirm prices.

Makes sense in the current situation our country is in!

On 8/26/2022 at 10:51 AM, iainb said:

give it a go, I think you may be surprised and you have pretty much free roam when you're up there with the current crowd levels

Being perfectly honest after 20 years I am thinking of giving it a miss next year, this years GP was utter crap racing wise, and ticket and hotel prices are just ridiculous.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Being perfectly honest after 20 years I am thinking of giving it a miss next year, this years GP was utter crap racing wise, and ticket and hotel prices are just ridiculous.

Exactly what I did this year. Took in the Warsaw & Gorzow GP's instead for pretty much what I'd have shelled out for Cardiff

4 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

I've also done 20 but i will give it 1 more go and if it's as bad as this years then that's it for me unfortunately.

Cant help with making the track better but as ive said before. Book rooms through cardiff university. Basic but only 30 pound a night. Hundreds of places to get breakfast on sunday morning. As for tickets just buy them on the day for 20 pound. There were 40000 going spare this year. Sit anywhere. Stewards dont care unless your in somebodies specific seat.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, longmeadow said:

Cant help with making the track better but as ive said before. Book rooms through cardiff university. Basic but only 30 pound a night. Hundreds of places to get breakfast on sunday morning. As for tickets just buy them on the day for 20 pound. There were 40000 going spare this year. Sit anywhere. Stewards dont care unless your in somebodies specific seat.

Be careful buying them on the day, they've been known to only sell the expensive tickets some years claiming there's no cheap tickets available 

Right discovery, let’s start from scratch, what gone on before is history, me and my family are potential customers, we tick the right boxes, speedway fans, we can travel ok and sorted for somewhere to stop, that’s half your work done, you’re a new company to speedway with fresh idea’s(supposedly )so what are you going to do to make me us want to go ? Just running the same thing as the last 20 years isn’t going to cut it, so let’s see 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

16 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Right discovery, let’s start from scratch, what gone on before is history, me and my family are potential customers, we tick the right boxes, speedway fans, we can travel ok and sorted for somewhere to stop, that’s half your work done, you’re a new company to speedway with fresh idea’s(supposedly )so what are you going to do to make me us want to go ? Just running the same thing as the last 20 years isn’t going to cut it, so let’s see 

Oooh, be very careful who you give your money to !!!

Can i just say

Discovery- Warner Bros-Mayo Clinic ;)

On 9/7/2022 at 6:45 PM, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Picking the ten best tracks capable of hosting one would be a great start.

Get rid of Cardiff, Vojens, Teterow, Prague which are dire.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Picking the ten best tracks capable of hosting one would be a great start.

Get rid of Cardiff, Vojens, Teterow, Prague which are dire.

While I agree that better tracks would be a bonus, the GP for me is about the whole experience, I’ve been to Prague GP four times, not really seen a decent GP but it’s been a fantastic Fan experience , been to around 20+polish GPs and being in Toruń town after the GP is an experience in itself and that’s been the case for Cardiff too but in the last 7or so years they are getting imo less about the fan experience,, I get it’s not my money but for the cost of a free ticket they could get speedway vendors to create a whole speedway village around the fan zone, get bands involved (remember richie Webb’s band) just make the whole thing an event even before you get in the stadium 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 2

On 9/9/2022 at 1:21 PM, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

While I agree that better tracks would be a bonus, the GP for me is about the whole experience, I’ve been to Prague GP four times, not really seen a decent GP but it’s been a fantastic Fan experience , been to around 20+polish GPs and being in Toruń town after the GP is an experience in itself and that’s been the case for Cardiff too but in the last 7or so years they are getting imo less about the fan experience,, I get it’s not my money but for the cost of a free ticket they could get speedway vendors to create a whole speedway village around the fan zone, get bands involved (remember richie Webb’s band) just make the whole thing an event even before you get in the stadium 

Get Martin Dixon out of retirement had a good bunch of musicians back in the day