British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Belle Vue v Peterborough Panthers - Grand Final

10 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Not sure Lemon is a good manager either, when was the last time he won anything? 

You post this, immediately after watching him win!

Fantastic match last night (watched it on the TV) and pulsating racing with the final outcome always in the balance.

Speedway as it should be and far better than any GP's/SON meetings I've seen this year. 

Can't wait for the second leg!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Peterborough in a heap of trouble now if Hans can't ride and no adequate replacement available. 

R/R for Hans gives everyone but MPT an extra ride.

11 minutes ago, Flappy said:

So playing devils advocate why should Panthers be punished and weakened due to a lack of riders?

I understand your frustration but I think even with a poor guest you can win on aggregate, you did well enough last night with Kerr failing to beat an opponent. The rule is a sensible one and shouldn't be changed in between the two legs of the final. And yes it was wrong that Ellis and Morris rode for Lynn and Poole in the final of 2018 under 'special dislensation'.

21 minutes ago, Flappy said:

We've the greatest respect we don't want to get 'close' every rider is in it to win it.  Just feels a massive shame through no fault of their own if they get the raw end of a dodgy ruling. 

As it goes I'd much prefer our own 1-7

What would be a “dodgy ruling”? Getting a special dispensation for a replacement for Hans? Has anyone in the team suggested that’s what the Panthers are trying to do or is all of this just fan speculation?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Flappy said:

I’d go r/r for Ulrich then everyone can take a ride. Guest for Hans

Edited by Noodles

MPT, RR for Ully, Kerr (for Hans), Scotty, Harris, Bjarne, Palin.

I know Kerr can't guest for Ully, but could he guest for Hans. Struggling to find any other decent options. 

1 minute ago, Panthers99 said:

I know Kerr can't guest for Ully, but could he guest for Hans. Struggling to find any other decent options. 

No he can’t

1 minute ago, Panthers99 said:

If the 8 day rule applies Kerr can't ride.

You're looking at Cook, Crump, Allen, Mountain, Barker 

9 hours ago, Gambo said:

Thanks Steve... you are soooooooooo predictable....

At 9:15 I text my mate:- "Wait for Shovlar to say that Leicester will be stronger if Andersen is ruled out!"

But he could be right, couldn’t he? Hans has averaged 6.67 in his two meetings at Poole this year with only one win in nine rides. If Leicester go r/r for him, which seems sensible, then every other rider is eligible to take his rides. The only way Leicester would be weaker would be if they use a guest other than Bomber

Edited by Wee Eck

39 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Must go R/R for Ulrich which gives everyone can ride and find a guest for Hans.

With this special dispensation stuff,i can see why both sides have a case in a way.On Belle Vue's side you have the argument that rules are rules.On Peterborough's side they could argue that the rules have been broken or should we say special dispensation granted a few times this season already.Also i find it a bit harsh on the sides that made the play off final that they could only use guests from the clubs that didn't finish in the top 4.That's 2 clubs that they could choose from.If it was a league of say 8 then this would have made 4 clubs to choose from which would have been much better.

10 hours ago, Gambo said:

Thanks Steve... you are soooooooooo predictable....

At 9:15 I text my mate:- "Wait for Shovlar to say that Leicester will be stronger if Andersen is ruled out!"

Its now on championship thread if Hans is missing wed night at Poole it makes Leicester stronger , especially if they use Chris Harris as a guest

52 minutes ago, Flappy said:

If the 8 day rule applies Kerr can't ride.

You're looking at Cook, Crump, Allen, Mountain, Barker 

In all honesty the most reliable out of that list is Mountain