British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2022

I believe a name has been put forward but because he races in Poland and Denmark the Bspa are being a bit funny about him riding here as well but as our promoter said why is it ok for Chris Harris to race in Poland and either Denmark or Sweden can’t remember which one plus France and not for the guy we want to do the same thing double standards methinks but I don’t expect anything else from the people who run our association im thinking a few people are worried about little old Plymouth.

1 hour ago, Mike0310 said:

I believe a name has been put forward but because he races in Poland and Denmark the Bspa are being a bit funny about him riding here as well but as our promoter said why is it ok for Chris Harris to race in Poland and either Denmark or Sweden can’t remember which one plus France and not for the guy we want to do the same thing double standards methinks but I don’t expect anything else from the people who run our association im thinking a few people are worried about little old Plymouth.

I'll always consider Plymouth my second team, despite them being literally the opposite end of the country, their track and set up and the area in general are amazing. I would love to know who this name is, however I don't think we ever will if the appeal isn't accepted. I look forward to seeing who signs though, good look Plymouth for 2022, either way yous look pretty strong to me :t:

1 hour ago, Mike0310 said:

There are a few others doing what Harris is doing .So don’t see how that is a problem.Just a rumour more like.

• Like 3

On 3/11/2022 at 8:15 PM, M.D said:

He works for Eastbourne sponsor Robins of Herstmonceux

He has worked with Robins for many years when his racing commitments have allowed but now he has a family & like all of us over the last few years has had to look at his life & reevaluate what is most important. if he has been offered a future proof position within the company then he would be foolish not to accept.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Technik said:

He has worked with Robins for many years when his racing commitments have allowed but now he has a family & like all of us over the last few years has had to look at his life & reevaluate what is most important. if he has been offered a future proof position within the company then he would be foolish not to accept.

Nobody is disagreeing with you,hopefully we can find an adequate replacement. 

• Like 2

I've heard a few names banded about, one of which as referenced above seems like a no-go despite what other riders appear to be doing.

Sadly I get the impression Plymouth are going to end up signing a somewhat inferior rider to Kennett which will undoubtedly leave Plymouth bottom 4 contenders rather than top 4 which is a shame given they were quick to get the team together and were well fancied.

As far as Kennett is concerned I don't blame him for choosing to step away from the sport, I can't help but think this wasn't something the promotion only found out about a couple weeks ago mind you and perhaps they could've moved quicker to find a replacement. Ultimately it's the fans that will be short changed with a below par team.

That said, and I think it's been said in other threads but when some teams have three number 1's in their team it can make it hard to find replacements for such an important position for other teams.

Hope it doesn't come to one of young guys losing team place as need to sign 2 5.5/6 point riders to be competitive. If that happens due to a bspl decision how can it possibly be in best interest of British speedway

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

I've heard a few names banded about, one of which as referenced above seems like a no-go despite what other riders appear to be doing.

Sadly I get the impression Plymouth are going to end up signing a somewhat inferior rider to Kennett which will undoubtedly leave Plymouth bottom 4 contenders rather than top 4 which is a shame given they were quick to get the team together and were well fancied.

As far as Kennett is concerned I don't blame him for choosing to step away from the sport, I can't help but think this wasn't something the promotion only found out about a couple weeks ago mind you and perhaps they could've moved quicker to find a replacement. Ultimately it's the fans that will be short changed with a below par team.

That said, and I think it's been said in other threads but when some teams have three number 1's in their team it can make it hard to find replacements for such an important position for other teams.

Then they should put it in the rules! They have before, that's why Coventry had to choose between Hamill and Hancock. 

If a club has 3 no1's wanting to ride for them, it would take a strong person to say no. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Then they should put it in the rules! They have before, that's why Coventry had to choose between Hamill and Hancock. 

If a club has 3 no1's wanting to ride for them, it would take a strong person to say no. 

Nobody is blaming the clubs decision to sign those riders but more the rule setters - who are the clubs after all! 

• Like 2

Plymouth are strong enough to cover for Kennett with R/R or guests.  The issue is that they made the announcement and the the replacement back tracked. Should have got the signing sorted before announcing Eddis is stepping down. He just needed to do the first meeting and the a facility would have been granted.....

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Plymouth are strong enough to cover for Kennett with R/R or guests.  The issue is that they made the announcement and the the replacement back tracked. Should have got the signing sorted before announcing Eddis is stepping down. He just needed to do the first meeting and the a facility would have been granted.....

Maybe Eddie wasn’t keen on landing himself with a 28 day ban for withholding his services, in the hope he would be signed up by a weekend track?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Maybe Eddie wasn’t keen on landing himself with a 28 day ban for withholding his services, in the hope he would be signed up by a weekend track?

Or maybe Plymouth wouldn't pull a stroke like that.:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/24/2022 at 12:53 PM, Sings4Speedway said:

I don't think Plymouth would be allowed a facility for Edward Kennett as he has not ridden for the club & withdrew prior to any official team declaration being made