British Speedway Forum
iainb

Leicester vs Scunny 9/10/21

Never thought I would see the day when I could say I enjoy watching a Polish League match on TV  more than the real thing live in GB.

Too much negativity on this thread. The AA van has just turned up to sort the RAC vehicle that broke down on its way to attend to the ambulance that broke down. The ambulance is now on its way to BP and will hopefully be there in time for the re-arranged meeting on Tuesday. As  precaution, Green Flag have been put on alert to cover all bases.

• Haha 3

Did the RAC get there within the hour?

If not, the Ambulance service should get a months payment reimbursed... :D

Does anyone else think that this could be a betting scam? What odds would you have got at a bookies that the two home teams would lose their leg of the quarter finals of the play offs followed by the following leg being postponed due to lack of ambulance cover and both rearranged for next Tuesday? 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, iainb said:

Does an ambulance still count as an ambulance if it's on the back of a tow truck I wonder?

No. The question was asked.

16 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Does anyone else think that this could be a betting scam? What odds would you have got at a bookies that the two home teams would lose their leg of the quarter finals of the play offs followed by the following leg being postponed due to lack of ambulance cover and both rearranged for next Tuesday? 

Behave. By the way if you are interested in renting the Barbados villa I’m hopefully about to acquire , let me know.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, iainb said:

Does an ambulance still count as an ambulance if it's on the back of a tow truck I wonder?

No, only if it is towing the Tow Truck;)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Should Leicester forfeit as a failure to complete the fixture 

I hope so, then poole can pick Scunthorpe in the semis 

Edited by Arthur54

48 minutes ago, WembleyLion said:

I think your timeline is a little bit out as I knew well before 6:30pm that the Ambulance had broken down and I’m only a mere mortal of a fan. 

Wow you found out before the club. I was stood next to Alan Jones,  just by the green container in the pits when he took the call at 18;45 from the paramedic saying that they had broken down.

1 minute ago, Arthur54 said:

I hope so, then poole can pick Scunthorpe in the semis 

Hope so we can then water track hard and win easily again as dummies come out 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Hope so we can then water track hard and win easily again as dummies come out 

…….Against a team that would have more guests than a wedding reception.

24 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

No. The question was asked.

I was actually joking!

11 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

Wow you found out before the club. I was stood next to Alan Jones,  just by the green container in the pits when he took the call at 18;45 from the paramedic saying that they had broken down.

Nonsense I have a text from someone in the pits well before 6:30pm  confirming the Ambulance breakdown and also on this thread it was also mentioned well before the time you state. 

If the call didn’t come through until 18:45 as you say what was the reason the riders didn’t start to warm up their bikes then? Did you not think that odd ? Perhaps if you had asked why they were not preparing to race they would have told you! 

• Like 2