British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, teijahn said:

Chris Holder who missed original qualification is listed on tonites Challenge Card.  Does he replace Kai Huckenbeck from their qualifying round?

I was confused by this too, I presumed that  an injured rider who be replaced by whoever came 5th in their particular qualifying round, I thought Vaculik would be replaced by Peter Ljung 

• Like 1

Long time since I've been to Glasgow and I seem to recall parking provision is not great, so with a big crowd expected what are the best options? (I have read Glasgow website, but their recommendations don't appear to have much capacity).

Edited by arnieg

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

Long time since I've been to Glasgow and I seem to recall parking provision is not great, so with a big crowd expected shat are the best options? (I have read Glasgow website, but their recommendations don't appear to have much capacity).

The car parks mentioned should have plenty capacity if you're there reasonably early. The furthest is about a 5-10 minute walk away. Things are a lot different to how they used to be that's for sure!

4 hours ago, arnieg said:

Long time since I've been to Glasgow and I seem to recall parking provision is not great, so with a big crowd expected what are the best options? (I have read Glasgow website, but their recommendations don't appear to have much capacity).

what makes you think they won’t have much capacity? 3 carparks

Go past the stadium about 400 meters car parks are in this area, about 5 minutes walk back to stadium, just about to leave comets land for me trip up apparently the rain has gone through now expected to be sunny intervals 

1 hour ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

what makes you think they won’t have much capacity? 3 carparks

You could try:

1 reading my post

2 being less hostile

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, arnieg said:

Plenty capacity at their car park along the road from Stadium.Was£2.is secure.

Sitting at my front door listening to the practice session taking place just now , can’t wait for tonight it’s going to be a cracker !!!!

On 8/14/2022 at 9:11 PM, racers and royals said:

Stream announced https://www.tapesup.tv/     £15 Commentary by Dave Rowe.

Am thinking of taking the stream for tonight, have others used Tapesup tv before, any good?  

3 minutes ago, nw42 said:

Am thinking of taking the stream for tonight, have others used Tapesup tv before, any good?  

Used it once before, maybe 2020, for an individual meeting, I had trouble getting connection. Initially I was trying to connect too soon, recommended by Tapesup not try until within 15 minutes of the start. If I remember there was a sound problem. Once you pay, which I have done for tonight, you get access to a pre-event page with a list of helpful things. I hope I have a better experience,, that any past problems have been smoothed out.   It will be worth it I think.

• Thanks 1

Looks like Kemp taking Berntzon’s place

3 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Used it once before, maybe 2020, for an individual meeting, I had trouble getting connection. Initially I was trying to connect too soon, recommended by Tapesup not try until within 15 minutes of the start. If I remember there was a sound problem. Once you pay, which I have done for tonight, you get access to a pre-event page with a list of helpful things. I hope I have a better experience,, that any past problems have been smoothed out.   It will be worth it I think.

Thanks for the reply, think I'll give it a go, have registered already, will heed your advice about the pre-event page and make sure I get sorted.  As you say it should be a decent meeting, especially after last weekend's debacle.

7 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Oh dear Mr Berntzon 

What happened? Crash during practice or something?