British Speedway Forum

Off the top of my head only Pzedpelski is cut adrift from this seasons' 15.  Looks like Kolodziej will replace him as Euro champ. So Nilsson qualifying means someone is going to miss out. Or maybe three will if the Russians are allowed to return. Thomsen, Fricke and Vaculik have GP wins this season (I think) does Michelsen? At least one rider is going to be unlucky.

Fair play to Nilsson. Rode well tonight and although unfancied he attacked the racetrack and won the meeting.  Hopefully Lambert puts together a series of decent results in remaining SGP's 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, enotian said:

Thomsen, Fricke and Vaculik have GP wins this season (I think) does Michelsen? At least one rider is going to be unlucky.

If Bewley makes the top 6 in the SGP standings - Fricke will qualify courtesy of 4th place tonight. 

3 minutes ago, Hackett said:

If Bewley makes the top 6 in the SGP standings - Fricke will qualify courtesy of 4th place tonight. 

Looks likely on form and with his home track to come next. Do they deffo promote the next in line from the GP Challenge nowadays? At least one rider will miss out. Sounds like Thomsen will miss at least some rounds which might go in his favour.  Might come down to whether they give the Aussies, the Brits or the Danes two of the 5 wildcards. Could be a straight shoot out between Michelsen and Lambert Someone is going to be unlucky to miss out.

54 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

I wonder if all this will affect Robert……. Dan winning two big meetings in 8 days, and 4th in the world.

Hopefully it will spur him on.

49 minutes ago, therefused said:

Think a year away from GPs might focus Lambert a bit more, been overtaken this year by Bewley and seems to be stagnating a bit 

45 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Just thought something similar..

Must be quite psychologically challenging to see Dan easily become top five in the world and start favourite for "world class" meetings like tonight..

And have that "different level" when needed...

Still a massive career ahead for the lad though, and great for GB Speedway to have two young lads top ten in the world

I was thinking something similar, perhaps a break from the GP's might do him good. There's a disparity between his league form and GP results, he's eighth in the Extraliga averages and some way above Bewley and Woffy but struggles in the GP's for some reason, maybe belief? Hopefully he can do the business across the last four rounds but if not maybe a re-evaluation of his approach might be needed.

Have to say, that was fabulous racing tonight, particularly after the first few heats. Heats 4 & 8 would good, but the others early relied on good gating. After that, it just got better.

Of course delays can be a bit frustrating, but I didn’t hear any complaints at the track. The accidents were unfortunate but the track was good. Milik took in too much speed when the track was grippy. I think Thomsen was aware the meeting was getting away from him. Holder was unlucky Bellego couldn’t avoid him. No idea about Berntzon’s crash - it’s likely conditions were trickier in practice, in fairness.

Fricke, Holder, Lebedevs (early on, at least), Jensen, and Jepsen Jensen (later on) all produced some great racing.

Kubera, Wozniak, Bellego all nowhere, sadly.

Saw a comment about it being the worst meeting at Glasgow this year. Get yer head checked. It did take a few heats to get the racing we are accustomed to, but when it came, it was absolutely sensational. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Hopefully it will spur him on.

I was thinking something similar, perhaps a break from the GP's might do him good. There's a disparity between his league form and GP results, he's eighth in the Extraliga averages and some way above Bewley and Woffy but struggles in the GP's for some reason, maybe belief? Hopefully he can do the business across the last four rounds but if not maybe a re-evaluation of his approach might be needed.

I think it’s all in the head. He displays some sublime speed and technique on the bike, but he just doesn’t put it together when it counts. Go back to SGP last year and see how often he beat Zmarzlik in the heats… Bewley just doesn’t seem to feel pressure though.

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I'm struggling to work out what's wrong with the track if anything, it's nice and wide, plenty of room entering and exiting the bends and it's smooth with just enough dirt on it. The crashes have all appeared to be rider error to me.

Rider error was the cause of every crash,nothing to do with track

• Like 2

1 hour ago, enotian said:

Looks likely on form and with his home track to come next. Do they deffo promote the next in line from the GP Challenge nowadays? At least one rider will miss out. Sounds like Thomsen will miss at least some rounds which might go in his favour.  Might come down to whether they give the Aussies, the Brits or the Danes two of the 5 wildcards. Could be a straight shoot out between Michelsen and Lambert Someone is going to be unlucky to miss out.

Thomsen won't be riding again this year. Compound fracture, bone was through the skin when they cut his boot off 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Hackett said:

Sadly, no. The vacant spot becomes an additional FIM nomination.

1 hour ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Worst meeting of the year at Glasgow. Race times 2-4 seconds slower than the Championship. 

Glasgow is slick but apparently not slick enough for Ekstraliga riders.

Well done Kim Nielsen didn't see that coming.

You have to be kidding.some great racing.Bewley,Holder ,Lambert  Fricke are all. Ekstraliga riders.,what you mean is the Poles were poor.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chunky said:

Hans' bruvva?

Sorry my bad, maybe if he rode in the UK I'd spell his name right. 

1 hour ago, marko said:

What’s with all this bitterness towards Kim Nilsson?

Was the best rider on the night,well done to him.

• Like 1