British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

We can run anytime not got a back up day no restrictions as to when we can run.

Great thing to have Gazc. Benefits of owning your stadium. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ray c said:

Dont know were steve got is weather forecast for friday from  every single one i have seen is grim ?

I lookout the window in the morning ,far better than any long term forecast I’ve seen in Scotland.

4 hours ago, lucifer sam said:

Forecast for Poole looks okay for Wednesday... but not currently okay for Friday.  It would make a great deal of sense to switch over the two meetings at Poole, as the second leg of the cup is a "dead rubber" (Pirates can't lose from a 5-point advantage, given Edinburgh are a poor away team) and if that got rained off on Friday, it wouldn't be as potentially problematic, given the poor weather scheduled also for next Saturday and Sunday.  Get the play-off final in Wednesday while it's possible.

Got to remember bspa will be watching if the fixtures are not completed they will issue a fine of £3000 well they did in 2018 but as it's Poole and Glasgow they probably won't get fined !!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Neila said:

Got to remember bspa will be watching if the fixtures are not completed they will issue a fine of £3000 well they did in 2018 but as it's Poole and Glasgow they probably won't get fined !!

How's that chip on your shoulder? Stick some vinegar on it might make it less bitter :D

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Neila said:

Glasgow have been fined in the past for missing meetings. I think it was five or six grand in around 2013. I’m not aware of Poole being fined but that’s because I’m not aware of them being unable to fulfil all their fixtures. 
It’s nothing to do with bias, everything to do with breaking the rules. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Neila said:

And why aren’t fixtures completed? Because deadline extended to suit other clubs.

• Like 1

Just now, Endeavour said:

And why aren’t fixtures completed? Because deadline extended to suit other clubs.

Absolutely only reason in this mess is that extension that changed absolutely nothing because is Birmingham not running then changing fixtures last minute

29 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

How's that chip on your shoulder? Stick some vinegar on it might make it less bitter :D

In 2018 both teams attempted to ride but ice came up through the track, referee called match off on safety grounds, but bspa still fined the club, nothing like kicking you when you are down, but it was only the last league match, that we had already got the cup for, plus 2 other trophies :party: H18TORY

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Neila said:

In 2018 both teams attempted to ride but ice came up through the track, referee called match off on safety grounds, but bspa still fined the club, nothing like kicking you when you are down, but it was only the last league match, that we had already got the cup for, plus 2 other trophies :party: H18TORY

This is now broken record syndrome.

It’s like that movie edge off tomorrow eat sleep repeat continually going on about a now sadly defunct club that won something 3 years ago is now very boring and yesterday’s news.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Neila said:

Exactly you got fined for not completing your league fixtures. Both Poole and Glasgow have completed their league fixtures. :rofl:

1 hour ago, Gordon Pairman said:

Glasgow have been fined in the past for missing meetings. I think it was five or six grand in around 2013. I’m not aware of Poole being fined but that’s because I’m not aware of them being unable to fulfil all their fixtures. 
It’s nothing to do with bias, everything to do with breaking the rules. 

I don't recall Poole not completing fixtures before. It is a bit easier in the top league with less teams! ;)

9 hours ago, Neila said:

It's not Poole's fault, they have been waiting around to see who there opponents would be