British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

4 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Changing every hour. Just had a biblical flood where I am now it's blue skys. Joys of trying to get a meeting on in Scotland in October (he says sounding like a broken record)

We had that down here this morning! I thought I saw an ark in the distance! Lol.

3 hours ago, Jaizer said:

As a support we will always be indebted to yourself and those who managed to keep us afloat those years, without which be no club let alone a successful one.

So as a Glasgow/ Poole fan... Who do you want to win:D

Whoever wins??? !! :D:D:P

biblical rain now and i am 15 mins from the track if it goes on most of the night can see a early call off and maybe try for thursday if it’s still bad going to struggle to fit it in before the weekend as poole will not accept having the 2nd leg away and from what i am told can’t run on saturday or sunday any ideas  hope people have not booked hotels transport  for friday night 

2 huge mistakes - 
1. having a KO cup competition when season only started late in May.
2. Having 6 teams in play offs causing quarter finals and then mistake 3 Edinburgh and Leicester were allowed to drag quarter finals out for 2+ weeks

Edited by mac101
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, mac101 said:

biblical rain now and i am 15 mins from the track if it goes on most of the night can see a early call off and maybe try for thursday if it’s still bad going to struggle to fit it in before the weekend as poole will not accept having the 2nd leg away and from what i am told can’t run on saturday or sunday any ideas  hope people have not booked hotels transport  for friday night 

2 huge mistakes - 
2. Having 6 teams in play offs causing quarter finals and then mistake 3 Edinburgh and Leicester were allowed to drag quarter finals out for 2+ weeks

Poole have run on a Sunday before, don't see a problem with that, forecast is good at Poole Wednesday so no problem with cup meeting.

8 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

And how would they have promoted it after only confirming where it would be late on Friday?!

How would they have got the programme printed on a Sunday and shipped from the West Midlands in time for the meeting?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tyretrax said:

How would they have got the programme printed on a Sunday and shipped from the West Midlands in time for the meeting?

Used to be just pre-print and use an "insert" sheet for the last minute arranged fixture.  Not ideal although I would think a programme is the least of concern compared to just getting the match arranged and done.

• Like 1

Can’t see this happening tonight track must have took a soaking the past couple of days.

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Can’t see this happening tonight track must have took a soaking the past couple of days.

Yeah, looking at the weather outside right now, and the forecast, I don't see this happening tonight.

34 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Even best forecast I've seen has dry afternoon then rain from 5 onwards

Off.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Do they have track covers? The week looks rough with little time to dry on Thurs. Poole looks touch and go Friday too although too early to tell really. 

10 hours ago, mac101 said:

2 huge mistakes - 

Edinburgh were ready to race play offs at first cut off date. Extended for others.

Not surprising it’s still falling heavy and no sign until later today on it easing.

Perhaps they should run it on Saturday at Leicester with the Kent match :lol:

Edited by iainb

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

Not surprising it’s still falling heavy and no sign until later today on it easing.

Saw on BBC breakfast earlier that Glasgow just in the band of rain that is across Scotland on Weds. So hopefully Thursday is a dry and breezy day!

Edited by lisa-colette