British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

Hilarious Paul fans justifying the lower league as better than the premier league, didn't even have the lower league play off on TV, that's how much it matters.

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

I'm surprised he's even on here with us winning 

Still here blend, lower league means nothing.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

It would mean everything to you if we had lost but we won against a very good Glasgow team that were, unlike you, very gracious. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Congratulations to Poole, the best team won the league title this season.

Hope to cross swords again soon...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Why you always in this section then? :rofl:

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Why you always in this section then? :rofl:

Always???? Maybe once a week

• Haha 1

Good to see Darcy got some footage of last night to watch at home in Aus. :t:Also good to see some ex Poole riders supporting our win last night from Klindt and Freddie Jakobsen. 

22 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

After being brought up on top flight speedway, I was dubious about dropping a league. Reality is that it’s better. Virtually the same riders and more teams. What’s not to like? Roll in 2022 and let’s do it all again.

Fair play to you Steve for owning up to that. I just hope that something can be rescued from the Eastbourne / Kent situation next year otherwise it’s a sad story for speedway in the south east, non existent, and many supporters won’t return in future.

Well that’s us back home now !!!  Firstly like to say congratulations to Poole , best team won on the night and fully deserved , also like to thank the poole fans that made us feel so welcome , can’t wait for next year as we will definitely be visiting again.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Tigeratheart said:

Well that’s us back home now !!!  Firstly like to say congratulations to Poole , best team won on the night and fully deserved , also like to thank the poole fans that made us feel so welcome , can’t wait for next year as we will definitely be visiting again.

Good to hear! A lot of love between Poole and Glasgow fans that attended last night. On twitter a few who work within the club saying how you are a credit to your club and how easy the Glasgow management are to deal with! :t:

A new experience, as in the Premiership everyone definitely hated us and would not attend our track very often! 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Good to hear! A lot of love between Poole and Glasgow fans that attended last night. On twitter a few who work within the club saying how you are a credit to your club and how easy the Glasgow management are to deal with! :t:

A new experience, as in the Premiership everyone definitely hated us and would not attend our track very often! 

We noticed the hatred against Poole and Poole fans when you were in premiership, but I have been to Poole for both Glasgow matches this season and found the fans to be lovely. Since the Facenna's took over Glasgow, we have became equally hated in the championship and get a lot of abuse from rival fans. Poole has been a welcome addition to the championship and as a lot of your fans are realising, the championship is the best league, see you next season

• Like 4

11 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I think its success envy mostly, if Poole stay in the championship again next year and do the double again that may well creep in again maybe? When my team Eastbourne we're in the Elite league with Poole, we never hated each other (well I didn't ) but it was so good to beat them at Arlington which we did more often than not even in your title winning seasons, different story at Poole obviously, but long for the day's of Nicki Pedersen winding up the crowd and being wound up by the Poole fans.Shame we didn't see what would have happened in meetings this season,  but the last heat decider early on was pretty good.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, gazzac said:

I think its success envy mostly, if Poole stay in the championship again next year and do the double again that may well creep in again maybe? When my team Eastbourne we're in the Elite league with Poole, we never hated each other (well I didn't ) but it was so good to beat them at Arlington which we did more often than not even in your title winning seasons, different story at Poole obviously, but long for the day's of Nicki Pedersen winding up the crowd and being wound up by the Poole fans.Shame we didn't see what would have happened in meetings this season,  but the last heat decider early on was pretty good.

Poole's local paper the Daily Echo have stated that 'they understand Poole will be in the Championship for 2022'!

• Like 1

I don’t think there’s a doubt that Poole will be in the Championship next season. Six team league is not good. I visited six tracks for the first time this season. Glasgow, Berwick, Newcastle, Kent, Scunthorpe and Plymouth. Was hoping to visit Edinburgh but rained off.  Next year will hopefully tick off Edinburgh and Redcar.

• Like 1