British Speedway Forum

On 12/8/2021 at 12:50 PM, Jaizer said:

Is heat 8 still protected?

43 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

I think it’s only protected against using a tactical substitute. The team manager could swap reserves or even replace the team’s number 2 with the number 6.

Plus if a team has r/r at number 2, they can use their strongest r/r in heat 8!

Edited by szkocjasid

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Plus if a team has r/r at number 2, they can use their strongest r/r in heat 8!

A cunning plan! And full of potential variations that would mean the team managers would have to think well ahead, including putting the r/r rider at number 2. Some would cope better than others with that one

28 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

A cunning plan! And full of potential variations that would mean the team managers would have to think well ahead, including putting the r/r rider at number 2. Some would cope better than others with that one

I don't think team managers do "think ahead", when teams have r/r for a few weeks in a row, they always seem to use the riders in the same order for r/r outings. They don't seem to change plans based on who the opposition is!

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

I don't think team managers do "think ahead", when teams have r/r for a few weeks in a row, they always seem to use the riders in the same order for r/r outings. They don't seem to change plans based on who the opposition is!

Perhaps my comment was made a little tongue in cheek?! I know many have the r/r switches written out long before the meeting starts. 

Update on Track Shop!!  The Poole track shop will NOT be open this weekend (11th/12th Dec) as originally intended due to the non-delivery of all the updated stock.

It will still be open next weekend (18th/19th Dec) as originally planned between 9am and 1 pm.

8 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Update on Track Shop!!  The Poole track shop will NOT be open this weekend (11th/12th Dec) as originally intended due to the non-delivery of all the updated stock.

It will still be open next weekend (18th/19th Dec) as originally planned between 9am and 1 pm.

On twitter they have said the time is extended til 4pm.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

Perhaps my comment was made a little tongue in cheek?! I know many have the r/r switches written out long before the meeting starts

I don't think you are far wrong

• Like 1

5 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Watch Garry May at work he normally has differing scenarios worked out before the meeting.

Doesn't always go to plan though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BassoontheGasso said:

Basso at Glasgow.

Once he gets dialled in , he will be dynamite

• Like 1

Just now, BassoontheGasso said:

Easily put 2 points on his 5.00 GSA imo. 

He's the signing of the season in the Champ much like Musielak in the Prem.

Track looks made for his style, wide open and fast. Taken me by surprise although I joked about it had no expectations it would ever happen. 

• Like 1

Not trolling here.

The Ford family must be feeling sick knowing other clubs are going to reap all of the rewards in the long run regarding Ben Basso considering Poole were the team who brought him to British Speedway.

4 minutes ago, BassoontheGasso said:

Not trolling here.

The Ford family must be feeling sick knowing other clubs are going to reap all of the rewards in the long run regarding Ben Basso considering Poole were the team who brought him to British Speedway.

To be fair he was a major reason the pirates won the playoffs so he was worth the trouble after the farce with smetana imo.

• Like 1