British Speedway Forum

6 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Incorrect. We want it to be same level as it's traditionally been. Not watered down because the prems been watered down. They should fix their issues not weaken out league 

But surely the NL would have to 'fix their issues' too? Because the gap is still too big.

At the end of the day 'us and them' won't work, everyone needs to work together but promoters haven't done that for years if ever so don't expect compromise any time soon. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

But surely the NL would have to 'fix their issues' too? Because the gap is still too big.

At the end of the day 'us and them' won't work, everyone needs to work together but promoters haven't done that for years if ever so don't expect compromise any time soon. 

Correct but it's only championship supporters that are suffering.. nothing else being reduced as far as I know?

Keep hearing this gap is too big, last few years had bewley, Brennan, flint, kemp, Palin, Edwards, Jenkins, the Thompson's, bailey all make jump from NL and hold their own and most on 5+ averages. Imo there's now an issue with the your program. Few years ago the youth champ were about 50 riders, this season was there even 10? I can't think of 5 riders are ready to move up from NL from last season. The issue is they're either not ready or not good enough. The solution is make them better not weaken the leagues

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Correct but it's only championship supporters that are suffering.. nothing else being reduced as far as I know?

Keep hearing this gap is too big, last few years had bewley, Brennan, flint, kemp, Palin, Edwards, Jenkins, the Thompson's, bailey all make jump from NL and hold their own and most on 5+ averages. Imo there's now an issue with the your program. Few years ago the youth champ were about 50 riders, this season was there even 10? I can't think of 5 riders are ready to move up from NL from last season. The issue is they're either not ready or not good enough. The solution is make them better not weaken the leagues

Couldn’t agree more. 

It has to be remembered that Covid did not stop older riders from retiring but did significantly slow down the careers of junior riders. This has seen those in the NDL find moving up into the CL harder and also seen a massive reduction in those in 125cc, 250cc and 500cc under 16 series. It will take about five years for the situation to correct itself and we all know how good the BSPL are with five year plans and keeping to them!

• Like 3

On 10/17/2022 at 7:45 PM, lisa-colette said:

They are number 1 and 5 for Wolves in the Prem, so seems ridiculous to me to have them as top 2 in a Champ team as well!!

Surely Champ should be in-between Prem and NL, but it seems to be really close to the Prem and far away from NL. No wonder NL riders find it difficult to move up successfully. 

Why shouldChampionships clubs be punished for the mediocre standard of rider in top tier.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Why shouldChampionships clubs be punished for the mediocre standard of rider in top tier.

Prem could be slightly stronger next year with some coming back? But still think Champ needs to be a bit closer to NL, so not as big of a jump for NL riders.

• Like 2

Jubilee dates announced but know mention of Glasgow taking part 

11 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Jubilee dates announced but know mention of Glasgow taking part 

There is on BSPL website fixture list

4 minutes ago, arnieg said:

There is on BSPL website fixture list

No 3rd leg though is there? 

1 minute ago, Joseq7 said:

Has it been moved to Leicester? B) :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Joseq7 said:

Ask Jake the Peg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lefty said:

Has it been moved to Leicester? B) :rolleyes:

I honestly find it odd that we'll participate in the two "away" legs but not stage a "home" leg. 

It's weird, odd.

The silence is deafening.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Joseq7 said:

I honestly find it odd that we'll participate in the two "away" legs but not stage a "home" leg. 

It's weird, odd.

The silence is deafening.

I honestly do not think we will compete at all.

I get the impression that our Promotion think untrained chimpanzees with an IQ of a dessert flea and the brain cell capacity of an unborn toad could do a better job at running British Speedway as it stands.

And I would wholeheartedly agree with them.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Gazc said:

I honestly do not think we will compete at all.

I get the impression that our Promotion think untrained chimpanzees with an IQ of a dessert flea and the brain cell capacity of an unborn toad could do a better job at running British Speedway as it stands.

And I would wholeheartedly agree with them.

I'm sure you're right but a fine for not completing three fixtures isn't going to be cheap.

However we must have calculated that the three fines are less than the anticipated loss. 

On 10/18/2022 at 2:30 PM, Jaizer said:

Your saying don't weaken the leagues but there realistically very little difference between the 2 so what has 2 give? u can't just say make them better