British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

34 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

The speedway star says they are talking to 6-8 riders but are just deciding which are the best options. 
now I know the management have to stay and say positive things but this isn’t 1977 and your customers are not as gullible as they were back then. 
surely you know exactly how many riders you are talking to and as there are no other team places it’s Birmingham or nothing. Simple as that.  Maybe they are awaiting visa or a sponsor license but if that’s the case why not say so !!!

6 weeks ago he was waiting on 2 to return paperwork LR was. No he's got a choice 6-8riders yet most can not see where 3 half decent riders are available. LR need stop putting out false PR and say what is really going on.

8 minutes ago, Jimsboy said:

6 weeks ago he was waiting on 2 to return paperwork LR was. No he's got a choice 6-8riders yet most can not see where 3 half decent riders are available. LR need stop putting out false PR and say what is really going on.

LR is talking to 6-8 riders and is highly confident that he will be able to release the full Bulls line up shortly.......

.....as for Brummies any riders available on Wednesday evenings are invited to attend P&P for the chance to try and gain a team place......

13 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

LR is talking to 6-8 riders and is highly confident that he will be able to release the full Bulls line up shortly.......

.....as for Brummies any riders available on Wednesday evenings are invited to attend P&P for the chance to try and gain a team place......

It's quite worrying. Hopefully BSPL are asking questions to LR and Brum owners. I'm sure they would like a trouble free 2022 championship league. 

4 hours ago, *JJ said:

The track has been relaid.

Yes, but the other posted said they visited last year, think they were a Lions fan and if memory serves me correct (which it doesn't always) the Leicester visit was a dusty one.

4 minutes ago, Col said:

Yes, but the other posted said they visited last year, think they were a Lions fan and if memory serves me correct (which it doesn't always) the Leicester visit was a dusty one.

Certainly was after a late change when Edinburgh were due to visit.  Complained to Birmingham but LR said the change had nothing to do with him.

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

....as for Brummies any riders available on Wednesday evenings are invited to attend P&P for the chance to try and gain a team place......

Well, just a few seasons back, Edinburgh only completed their team when they signed up Claus Vissing at P&P, after he's performed well at the BenFund meeting at Berwick the previous week -- and more recently the same club went into P&P with an open invitation to "any rider who wants to show his worth" to claim their last team spot --- and landed a 16-year-old no-one had heard of, called Dan Bewley.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Col said:

Why don't you change the record zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Speedway fan said:

no camber 

So is it completely flat like a German track or do you mean it hasn’t a negative camber as Rye house used to have ? 

12 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

So is it completely flat like a German track or do you mean it hasn’t a negative camber as Rye house used to have ? 

It's not flat it as got some banking but all the negative chambers have now gone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

It's not flat it as got some banking but all the negative chambers have now gone.

If it were a snooker table I would complain about a roll off but, only one way now.:drink:

I remember the good old days before mobile phones, computers & social media when the first we knew of the seasons lineup was when we turn up for P & P day & they were sent out one by one. Now everyone wants the next seasons lineup released on November 2nd. Just relax I'm sure it will all be in place for the first meeting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Well, just a few seasons back, Edinburgh only completed their team when they signed up Claus Vissing at P&P, after he's performed well at the BenFund meeting at Berwick the previous week -- and more recently the same club went into P&P with an open invitation to "any rider who wants to show his worth" to claim their last team spot --- and landed a 16-year-old no-one had heard of, called Dan Bewley.

I had and told Stewart Dickson he should sign him.

On 2/22/2022 at 1:30 PM, uk_martin said:

Out of interest, does anyone know the availability of Marcus Birkemose, the 2020 European u21 Champion?  I know he's a squad rider in Denmark (same team as Ulrich Ostergaard) but I've not yet seen that he's signed for anyone in Poland or Sweden.

Another rider without too many "foreign" commitments would be Oskar Paluch, the almost 16 year-old Polish junior, and 2021 250cc European Champion. One for the back burner should Birmingham's season get past June when Paluch will be old enough to ride in the Championship. Mind you, that really would be showing ambition, wouldn't it?

Oskar Paluch is signed up and very much part of the team at Gorzow in the Polish League. A good chance he could be in the Extraliga starting line up when the opportunity arises and also in their U24 side too.

With regards Birkemose - other posters have already said about the problems surrounding him. Could be a great talent but seems likely to end up wasting that talent with his unprofessional and not serious approach to the sport.

Edited by Najjer

3 hours ago, crescent girl said:

While Vissing might be a good example,but can’t see why you mentioned Dan,Birmingham are not looking for a3 pointer ,Dan had a good season at reserve and made it into the main body.Birmingham needs a  proven Heatleader from the off. iMO.

• Like 1