British Speedway Forum
*JJ

Birmingham Brummies 2022

1 hour ago, Gerbat1875 said:

The thing is everybody gets offended by everything, this is a country that puts its ex servicemen on the back burner and forgets, without trying to come across as political I find that certain members of our communities can object to the wearing of poppies, object to the showing of the George Cross flag and nothing is done about it, I find it strange that without the sacrifices of 2 world wars, these very people would not be enjoying the freedoms they have now, I served in the middle East, Berlin(a guard at spandau prison) Northern Ireland, and the Falklands, i am proud of my duties to my country but the sacrifices made, make me say was it worth it the way the world as gone now, anyway back to speedway from now on and hopefully Brummies can put a decent team together for 2023, being honest I, d change the manager first

Total agree

And you should be proud of your record. I can only say I'm sorry for using the S word you most certainly are not. I guess when two people are so passionate about a cause they can miss that they are on the same page. Believe me no team on this island respects its ex and fallen military like HMFC.   I wear the McCrae's Battalion poppy everyday at work. 

• Like 1

^^^^^^^

it would be nice if possible to get Phillip wizzer Morris involved in the management.

Edited by Pirio Barre
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Pirio Barre said:

^^^^^^^

it would be nice if possible to get Phillip wizzer Morris involved in the management.

Can think of another middle name starting with W that is more appropriate.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

If Claus Vissing was given a 28 day ban on July 9th 2022 (http://www.birmingham-speedway.com/news.php?extend.3196) then how come the Brummies were still using a guest for him 32 days later on 10th August against Berwick?  Surely the ban had ended, and the guest facility had ended with it on 6th August?  Did the Brummies team manager put together an illegal team for that meeting? Just wondering.

1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

If Claus Vissing was given a 28 day ban on July 9th 2022 (http://www.birmingham-speedway.com/news.php?extend.3196) then how come the Brummies were still using a guest for him 32 days later on 10th August against Berwick?  Surely the ban had ended, and the guest facility had ended with it on 6th August?  Did the Brummies team manager put together an illegal team for that meeting? Just wondering.

Maybe he was “withholding his services “

20 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

10th August???

I thought you were replying to ukmartin's post

If you mean last night the answer is still no.

On 9/7/2022 at 8:44 PM, uk_martin said:

On 9/7/2022 at 10:07 PM, Fromafar said:

Maybe he was “withholding his services “

I don't think Birmingham should have been allowed to use a guest after Vissing's 28 day ban was over. Leicester had to replace Rowe, they couldn't just say after his 28 day ban, "he's witholding his services again"

27 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I don't think Birmingham should have been allowed to use a guest after Vissing's 28 day ban was over. Leicester had to replace Rowe, they couldn't just say after his 28 day ban, "he's witholding his services again"

You should know by now that the rules are made up on the  back of fag packet and can be interpreted in the “best interest of the sport “ by some Promotions if it suits.

18 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

ou should know by now that the rules are made up on the  back of fag packet

Well quite...like the fag packet that had a Brummies team with 5 guests and a "Cradley" team written on it, featuring 7 guests, including Rider Replacement for the ghost guest on there, presumably because nobody else was available to use as a guest.

3 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Well quite...like the fag packet that had a Brummies team with 5 guests and a "Cradley" team written on it, featuring 7 guests, including Rider Replacement for the ghost guest on there, presumably because nobody else was available to use as a guest.

Who was the 'ghost' guest? It can't have been Starke as his GSA is below Brennan's. As Douglas took an R/R ride it must have been some notional rider with an average over 6.88 (but below Douglas - otherwise he'd have been at no 1)

it was a challenge match to honour and remember Alan Grahame . Starke was a late withdrawal being unfit after his crash last week so R/R was on]y option and being a challenge no averages were used in what was a good entertaining meeting with a good crowd.

• Like 1

Very enjoyable meeting.

Saw some old faces not seen in a while

Thank You all concerned at Brummies

Fingers crossed for 2023.