British Speedway Forum
Jaizer

2022 championship predictions

understand the agreement is for two seasons lisa so this season wont be the last, after that its anybodys guess what happens!!

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, poole keith said:

understand the agreement is for two seasons lisa so this season wont be the last, after that its anybodys guess what happens!!

Phew! So if we suddenly go up to the Prem next season then I should start panicking!!:o

12 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Phew! So if we suddenly go up to the Prem next season then I should start panicking!!:o

Even if the Council have a developer ready and waiting with a Plan that would require approval, I cannot see anything happening until 2024 at the very earliest - and thats without any formal protests, objections and/or legal challenges!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Even if the Council have a developer ready and waiting with a Plan that would require approval, I cannot see anything happening until 2024 at the very earliest - and thats without any formal protests, objections and/or legal challenges!!

Let's hope Matt has got his finger on the pulse 

4 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

Let's hope Matt has got his finger on the pulse 

As I've said before its always good to have a local legal firm as one of your main sponsors - as well as being a partner in the Chateau!!-_-

Edited by Skidder1

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

As I've said before its always good to have a local legal firm as one of your main sponsors!!-_-

Agree, you're going to need it.

The stadium was given to the people of Poole for sports, and Poole have always had the full backing of the council, so fingers crossed there is a place there for the pirates 

• Like 1

As far as I'm aware the speedway is the biggest sports team in Poole?? So why would the council just let them go without a fight. Is Poole the last 'speedway town' in the whole country?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

As far as I'm aware the speedway is the biggest sports team in Poole?? So why would the council just let them go without a fight. Is Poole the last 'speedway town' in the whole country?

Workington was the same , and look how that turned out 

2 hours ago, Paulco said:

Workington was the same , and look how that turned out 

And Cradley Heath was a big name in speedway when it got shut down, so no one can think it won't happen to their club. If the speedway owner owns the stadium makes it a lot easier though!

50 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

And Cradley Heath was a big name in speedway when it got shut down, so no one can think it won't happen to their club. If the speedway owner owns the stadium makes it a lot easier though!

Nothing is forever.

Somerset?

This thread will soon become 'which club will fold next' prediction....

I guess 'we' (bham) will most likely be favourites.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

Nothing is forever.

Somerset?

Easier not impossible though as don't Eastbourne own theirs too? But if Matt owned Poole Stadium i'd be pretty confident it would be around for a while. 

Edited by lisa-colette

23 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Easier not impossible though as don't Eastbourne own theirs too? But if Matt owned Poole Stadium i'd be pretty confident it would be around for a while. 

I think the stadium is owned by the Dugards( Eric and his wife?), but last year's speedway business was 'run':angry: by primarily Ian Jordon. That's why everything should be back up and running next year, stadium still owned by people who want speedway to continue, will need some good promoting from Trevor Geer etc though, but at least the people involved next year will be Eagles through and through. 

• Like 3

On 4/4/2022 at 11:05 AM, Skidder1 said:

whats your opinion skids on whether the stadium itself will be sacrificed for development? think weve all accepted the car park or part theirof will be developed,but the actual stadium? just seems so wrong.Agree with arthurs point about poole council,they and the mayors have been brilliant for the speedway but of course they are no more,dread to think what the councillors for bmouth and xchurch think about "those noisy smelly motorbikes"!! (theyd probably prefer a croquet lawn on the site lol)

• Sad 1