British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Smith

Potential Flight Problems

Jet2Holidays have confirmed that flight's from the UK direct to Poland have been suspended due to War in Ukraine. 

Other companies are in consultation about their future plans too. 

So, what would this mean for rider's, especially for those racing Thursday's & have to be back to Poland on the Friday for Ekstraliga Training / meeting & SGP's??

Thing's could get very messy for the Premiership so so close to season starting. 

22 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Jet2Holidays have confirmed that flight's from the UK direct to Poland have been suspended due to War in Ukraine. 

Other companies are in consultation about their future plans too. 

So, what would this mean for rider's, especially for those racing Thursday's & have to be back to Poland on the Friday for Ekstraliga Training / meeting & SGP's??

Thing's could get very messy for the Premiership so so close to season starting. 

If I was a rider riding in Poland I would go and live there...

One reason being if only national flag carriers end up flying in and out, it will cost a fortune to get there and back..

And travelling by road will take hours, and will not be much of a preparation for their next meeting, regardless of whether they drove or not..

And I am pretty sure the Poles wont allow any of their riders to be travelling by road several thousand miles the day before the meeting, or even possibly on the day itself, after the rider has completed his UK meeting either 24 or 48 hours before...

Could be a bit of an issue as you say given we are but a week or so away from the start of the season..

32 minutes ago, mikebv said:

If I was a rider riding in Poland I would go and live there...

One reason being if only national flag carriers end up flying in and out, it will cost a fortune to get there and back..

And travelling by road will take hours, and will not be much of a preparation for their next meeting, regardless of whether they drove or not..

And I am pretty sure the Poles wont allow any of their riders to be travelling by road several thousand miles the day before the meeting, or even possibly on the day itself, after the rider has completed his UK meeting either 24 or 48 hours before...

Could be a bit of an issue as you say given we are but a week or so away from the start of the season..

WizzAir out of Doncaster seem to be unaffected.

25 minutes ago, 4thbender said:

WizzAir out of Doncaster seem to be unaffected.

Wouldn't think it would affect Ryanair or Easyjet yet,must be some of their busiest routes.They wouldn't throw that money away unless the war affected Poland directly.And if it did affect Poland directly you would think all the riders would want to be heading this way.

It's based on demand by the look of it, no doubt other airlines might follow if their ticket sales drop off too, time will tell.

Jet2 are limited to krakow so if flights /holidays only partly sold you pull the plug until  summer season, also at the moment  you need to covid test 24 hours before arrival,  the others wizz air, easyJet etc serve big cities so flights will be more full, but what is happening not very far away  is a worry